bigger_george

I'm in the market for a new car

I am in the market and have narrowed my choices. Which you would prefer?

The 3 would be the hatchback with Leather seats and the 6 would be with no options. Both automatic since i can't drive stick. :thumbdown: Also I am in school and have to commute 2 hours at least 3 days a week. The 3 gets better mileage(23/28 mpg) with 160 hp/150 torque(but much lighter) but 6 comes with V6 220 hp/180 torque(19/27 mpg)

Mazda 3

mz3_5door_lrg_2.jpg

or

Mazda 6

pho_veh_gallery_mz6_11_med.gif

I would get the 3 wagon, black or dark blue, sweet little car, 2 brahma 10s and a Orion 2500D, A/D/S 346is, Orion 4002, PPI 230-deq, Eclipse 8053

I would get the 3 wagon, black or dark blue, sweet little car, 2 brahma 10s and a Orion 2500D, A/D/S 346is, Orion 4002, PPI 230-deq, Eclipse 8053

New system will come later. I will be too poor paying for the car off and til i get a real job. For now, I will stick with my old setup (RE35.1D, Orion XTREME 5004, Adire Kodas which i still need to get crossover and tweet for, Panasonic HU). I will need some recommendations on subs for that amp though since I am replacing it. It does 1600 x 1 at 1 ohm.

well the new Sound Splinter RL-p's or the D2 or the PBX are all great SQl subs that you might like

I was already considering the D2, haven't heard their 15 yet. But I've heard their 12 so i may have to try a new brand. I'll have to figure that out.

I say the 3 would be more economical for you right now. I have been eyeing the Protege5s for a while now, which the 3 and 6 replaced.

Oh, and opt for the stick. A couple of days playing with it will force you to learn how to drive and you'll enjoy it much more, plus get better milage than the Auto. And the maintenance costs on the manual will be cheaper to boot.

Not to mention that autos are boring, slow, and for women ;)

Get the stick, I learned how to drive one in less than an hour so I'm sure it shouldn't take most people more than a day or two ... All you have to do is SLOWLY release the clutch and learn where the clutch starts to grab ... Not very hard ...

If you don't know where your gears are, when you go to shift, release the stick. It'll go directly to the middle ...

To the left and up = 1st

To the left and down = 2nd

Straigt up = 3rd

Straight down = 4th

To the right and up = 5th

To the right and down = Reverse

Helps avoid nasty mis-shifts (5th into 2nd just isn't good ;) ) ... Eventually, you'll get a feel for it and you won't release it to the middle, you'll just shift directly to the gear you want ...

Also, practice hills when there is little traffic (like in the middle of the night) ... Start out with small hills, then practice on steeper grades ...

well the new Sound Splinter RL-p's or the D2 or the PBX are all great SQl subs that you might like

hey!! u stole my recommendation!!! :soap:

get the 3 and get the stick!! more options now mean better trade in later..of course the manual with hurt it a little ...

we traded a 626 in on the grand prix...mazda's are great cars. ours was the 2.5 v6 with the 5 speed manual..and even after 65000 miles the clutch felt brand new.

also, for an sql sub...by all means check into sound splinter, here, and look into the premium series..or even two of the i series....all underrated powerhandling and sound good..get loud....my rl-p in the grand prix off 750 wrms in a 1.25ft^3 does!!

denim, don't let me catch ya doing that again :finger: :punch: hehehahahehehahahhehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Not to mention that autos are boring, slow, and for women ;)

Get the stick, I learned how to drive one in less than an hour so I'm sure it shouldn't take most people more than a day or two ...  All you have to do is SLOWLY release the clutch and learn where the clutch starts to grab ...  Not very hard ...

If you don't know where your gears are, when you go to shift, release the stick.  It'll go directly to the middle ...

To the left and up = 1st

To the left and down = 2nd

Straigt up = 3rd

Straight down = 4th

To the right and up = 5th

To the right and down = Reverse

Helps avoid nasty mis-shifts (5th into 2nd just isn't good ;) )  ...  Eventually, you'll get a feel for it and you won't release it to the middle, you'll just shift directly to the gear you want ...

Also, practice hills when there is little traffic (like in the middle of the night) ...  Start out with small hills, then practice on steeper grades ...

no hills to practice on here :huh: As for stick, i have been considering it but it might be a bit inconvenient since i will pretty much be in school when iactually get the car. My mom will probably b*tch that i got stick since she is loaning me da dough :soap:

I personally think the 6 looks better after seeing it myself and test driving it but haven't test driven the 3 yet. Oh forgot to mention the difference in price. I think i can get 21K on the 6 and around 18K for the 3. Hmm... plus i can fit an extra dead body in the trunk of the 6 :lol: :ugh:

Edited by bigger_george