Sign in to follow this  
Schmuck

Ported Box for 2 EHQS 12's?

What would be a good size ported box for 2 ED EHQS 12's on a diamond D3 400.1? it is going in a Scion TC

There are not many eD people here. Do you have the parameters?

From eD's site:

Qts : .375

Qes : 0.49

Qms : 1.506

Fs : 25 Hz

Re : 1.8

Vas : 157 L

MMS : 90g

BL : 7.2 Tm

SPL : 89.1 dB

SD : 510 M^2

Xmax : 9.1 MM

Magnet Width : 5.25"

Cutout : 11.00"

Mounting Depth : 5.00"

Total Height : 5.60"

Displacement : .04 cF

Outside Diameter : 12.00"

Box Size : 1.5cF Sealed / 2.0cF Vented

Power Handling : 200w

It is usually best to start with what the company suggests first and go from there. So with that logic, a 4.0 cube box tuned probably around 30hz or so would be a great start. But you can adjust from there to your liking or what your ear prefers.

For example, I believe one of our (SSA Icon) customers got the 10" model and asked about box size. I suggested he go with what I set as optimal. He tried it, and said he liked a little less puchy of a sound and a little more boomy (I think street bassy was the term). So, we had him go up .25 or .375 cubes approx and raising the tuning a few hertz he was happy. :)

Thanks for the reply I did not know that nobody on here did not know about ED. But if anyone does please chime in I guess I will start at 4 cubes for now

I've had this sub in 1 cu ft tuned to 30Hz and in 2.5 cu ft tuned to 30Hz.

The 1 cu ft box was for a couple 6.5's but modded it for a 12 inch sub just to see how it sounded...lol yeah it was pretty small but sounded decent. Nothing too loud but tight as hell.

The 2.5 at 30Hz had a super flat response.

2 cubes is a great place to start at.

I'd assume that they are conservative with their box specs to make it seem that it will work in a smaller box. Since Ben is so regularly full of shit, I'd be scared of his specs and see what others used it in. Not too many people here will have used it due to his shady business practices. Sorry we couldn't be more help.

I'd assume that they are conservative with their box specs to make it seem that it will work in a smaller box. Since Ben is so regularly full of chit, I'd be scared of his specs and see what others used it in. Not too many people here will have used it due to his shady business practices. Sorry we couldn't be more help.

i looked at ED one time, then i seached the company, and seen so very many unhappy people. sad thing

I'd assume that they are conservative with their box specs to make it seem that it will work in a smaller box. Since Ben is so regularly full of chit, I'd be scared of his specs and see what others used it in. Not too many people here will have used it due to his shady business practices. Sorry we couldn't be more help.

i looked into buying some ED one time, then i seached the company, and seen so very many unhappy people. sad thing

Thanks for the reply I did not know that nobody on here did not know about ED. But if anyone does please chime in I guess I will start at 4 cubes for now

No problem, but like Sean (///M5) said, it is not that people don't know about eD, it is that people here (and many other sites) have moved away (but that is another story) from eD products. What matters now is that you have a good box to work with and are happy with the sound. :)

eD is a lot better now than it was.

the ownership is still the same