valladon

Subwoofer Face Painting

Has anyone tried painting the cone of a subwoofer? I know that you cant really use regular paint because of adding weight to the cone and changing the t/s parameters. But is there anyway to do this, I am just trying to completely black out the sub. So you dont see the company logo. I want a clean black sub. Any opinions would be appreciated. I dont want to go with sharpie option either.:D

What sub? My buddy had some JBL's with "1500 Watts" written/painted on them and they came right off with rubbing alcohol or some other slightly toxic liquid.

Edited by Tommythecat

What sub? My buddy had some JBL's with "1500 Watts" written/painted on them and they came right off with rubbing alcohol or some other slightly toxic liquid.

RE SE12

Just don't put much on and you should be fine, the amount of mass you will add is probably less than the variation from cone to cone...in particular if it is a pulp coned driver.

Oh, beware of disturbing the adhesives though. A lot of paint thinners might eat through them. For this reason perhaps using a latex based paint and watering it down with water might be the trick... not sure if it will stick though.