bigtoepfer

OLD SKOOL? lol

Ok so i figured this would probably be the most reasonable place to put this question. I have an Autotek 7100bts. Does anyone actually use these things with subwoofers or do people only use them for hi's? I was considering using it for a sub amp but everywhere i read people put them on 6x9s or on component sets. any info would be appreciated.

Oh i know this is dumb question but what about putting to Icon D1s on it and running it at 4 ohms? wonder what would happen?

I have not seen that amp before.

Ok so i figured this would probably be the most reasonable place to put this question. I have an Autotek 7100bts. Does anyone actually use these things with subwoofers or do people only use them for hi's? I was considering using it for a sub amp but everywhere i read people put them on 6x9s or on component sets. any info would be appreciated.

Oh i know this is dumb question but what about putting to Icon D1s on it and running it at 4 ohms? wonder what would happen?

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Autotek_7100_BTS/

That amp is rated at 50X2 @ 4 ohms, but it's really personal preference. If that's enough for you, it's fine. Personally, I'd use something like that on mids and highs.

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Autotek_7100_BTS/

That amp is rated at 50X2 @ 4 ohms, but it's really personal preference. If that's enough for you, it's fine. Personally, I'd use something like that on mids and highs.

I would agree, you can try it on your subs in stereo or bridged mode mono and see what it can do.

It's underated yet it will not be earthshattering on your subs.

Use it for your front end and it should be fine yet it all depends what your application is and also your expectations.

Good luck buddy...

IMHO or $.02, if you want some volume out of small amps on subs, you need efficient subs. They are usually low power, often cheap. You can't get today's HD high power subs moving with a little amp. Higher SPL of a sub the better, but you have to keep an eye on Fs and such so you don't have a tuning issue if you want some SQ. Often 10s work well on smaller amps but not required of course, just my experience from the old days. I used to run 60-100wrms/ch on 10s often and would be hitting xmax, in IB or large ported config. Sealed will often have less db also....ported gets you more and you need it all. For IB use twice the drivers, that helps. If you don't need to rattle the windows of the house next to you with bass it will work if set up well, can sound really nice. Run amp at 2ohms if it will to get the most out of it if you need, just cool it if it gets warm.