Sign in to follow this  
stratusrt01

I'm almost ready

Very nice.

Is that safe btw? Just wondering if uber high voltage would hurt an amp or not. GL.

Some amps can take it. Some can't.

The Sundowns he's running definitely can.

I probably won't ever run them at 18.7 volts, but 17.7 starting volts is probably about where it'll start at.

When!?! :)

You better put on your AC/DC shirt during testing. ;)

I probably won't ever run them at 18.7 volts, but 17.7 starting volts is probably about where it'll start at.

When!?! :)

Soon, I hope!!!!!!

Only thing that sucks is having 2 different battery setups for the truck, one for StreetMax, and one for NSPL Wall 401-1200. I'm concentrating on StreetMax first, so it'll be a while until I actually put the 16V stuff in the truck, probably right before the April show here. But if I need to test, it's no big deal to swap them out.

New StreetMax battery should be here next week, not the CS monster like others got though, just a simple little battery.............lol

Edited by stratusrt01

here's a little preview of what I've got going this weekend on it for you guys. Sanding and body filler FTL!!!!! I'm so sick of sanding already.

DSC01960.jpg

Edited by stratusrt01

Yeah I'll be trying to get a better battery as well. Funny how many Sundown Team Members are running StreetMax. Kinda cool.

it's especially nice, since everyone's predicting the Death of StreetMax since the rules changes. But to be honest, I don't see any of the old SM 1-2 guys complaining, it's all the 3-4 guys that have to lose half their amps and a battery. The rules changing didn't affect my build one bit, and going against people with 3-4 woofers doesn't bother me at all, since they are limited to the same amount of amps I have now. We'll see, it should be an interesting season. I'm looking forward to this one a lot. This is pretty much my first SPL only build, and I'm having fun with it. At least until I have to order 300ft of 1/0 wire.........

So loud you need the excedrin? Lol.

I hope so!!!!!

The truck has done 158's to date, with a single Stinger 2150 and 4 Crunch GP3000d's. With the new battery, Sundown 3000d's, some TSNS, and a lot of love to the little things, I'm shooting for a 160 flat the 1st time out. Not an easy task by any means, but I think with what we've got planned, it's a very reachable goal, given the truck's origins and the numbers that it has done to date.

StreetMax guys here in the south probably never wanted to see this truck down here. Guys in Indiana and Ohio are very familiar with it though, and I'm getting a lot of support on the rebuild from them.

DSC01947.jpg

Edited by stratusrt01

I have been in that truck many times. Jay is a good friend of mine. Hope everything goes well with it.

BTW your not the only one hoping for a 160. :)

Sign in to follow this