Sign in to follow this  
ibsmooth

need help with box dimensions

I was wondering how to build a ported box for 2 18" btl loaded each one in its own chamber for a 03 Yukon and how to tune it between 30 and 35 Hz. I'm looking get some serious bass. What are some dimensions I can use with the speakers facing up? I will be running them on two saz-3000d.

Hello again I'm looking for spl in my 03 yukon. I am looking at running 2 Fi Btl 18" on 2 Saz-3000D amps in this amount of space. H 21" W 46.5 D 22-28". So what do you think? I need help with the box and port dimensions. Once I have an idea I will start the building. I need all the help I can get. Thanks

You need to measure the back of your truck and give us the dimensions so we can give you a plan.

You need to measure the back of your truck and give us the dimensions so we can give you a plan.

Thanks I sure will I will post it later on today when I get off of work

ok here you go I have two 12" Power Acoustik Mofo on a Ma Audio HK2000d the box is h 17" w 40" d 20.5. Now this is the space I have to work with h 21" w 46.5 d 22-28". Pease help with a box dimension for 18". I am looking at the Lms, fi and re subs. I would to set up spl with good clean sound. I have pictures will post later of the back of the truck. I need some advice on what subs to get and box dimension.

Well I'm looking for spl really and no I don't have a buget as of yet what do you suggest. I was looking at the fi 18" re xxx18" and the LMS ULTRA 18". I am upgrading to two alternators and about 4 HC2400 and two yellow top under the hood, 2 SAZ_3000d to put on what ever 18" If I get but if I get the LMS I will put 4 SAZ _3000d amps in. So what do you think? I just need help with the box and the dimensions. Once I have an idea of what or which subs I want to get then I will start the building. I need all the help I can get. Thanks for you time. Charles

your usable space you have, i will design a box for the entire volume you listed.

I NEED to know what frequency you would like this box tuned to. Without that, i cannot help you and i cannot suggest a frequency either.

And another note - the usable space you have to work with, again i will use this entire space so make sure you have room for all those batts and amps.

Also, how many baffles you want?

using 0.75 thick wood, do you want me to design it with 2,3,4,5 or even 6 baffles?

If it were me, i'd probably do 4 baffles with allthread everywhere. I'm not going to calculate allthread displacement if that's ok. It shouldnt be THAT much. If you want me to calculate thread displacement for the utmost accuracy possible just let me know.

Edited by shizzzon

i dont know if u seen my post on this topic already as ou already started one post about this before.

I NEED to know what you want the box tuned too.

Without that info, i can't begin.

i dont know if u seen my post on this topic already as ou already started one post about this before.

I NEED to know what you want the box tuned too.

Without that info, i can't begin.

Hey I listen to alot of rap and some techno so I was thinking about 35hz what you think?