Sign in to follow this  
Tirefryr

Vitamin D2!!

And some of my fine routing skills.

Z5.jpg

Z6.jpg

Z7.jpg

You may notice the 1/4" gap, well, that is because they will have plexi underneath, lit by blue LEDs.

The enclosure is made entirely of glass except for the 2 sides and the amp mounts, and comes in at a little over 2.3 cubes after driver displacement. Should Wang quite well.. Couple more layers of glass, bondo and some paint, and it's done!

ahhh yes the f-body hatch......man o' man do I love trying to get creative with those things. :) Lookin' good man.

Very cool! Man, a 15 in an F-body with a good amount of power on it will be nuts. Josh's is plenty loud...let alone a 15. :boxin:

damn that looks sweet

Very nice. I like the lines on the sub part of the box. They have a very smooth flow to them. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I was hoping that was the case. I was beginning to think that I had severely mis-measured the volume of my box. :P

Ha HA! Nope. It's all good. I hope to have enough strenght in it tonight to do some listening tests and see if it sounds okay. If, not, might have to rework the amp mounting.

Did you brace it at all? I'm finding it annoying to successfully brace fiberglass curves.

And definitely report back with that listening test. :)

may be a dumb question but that isn't the way your leaving the mag all crooked are you? other than that it looks sick.

Yes it is braced. I use 14 guage sheet metal cut into strips and glassed into the enclosure. It makes it super strong, lightweight, and the metal is easily manipulated by hand if need be.

As for the driver, it was just placed in there temporarily for pics, but I have been known to do some crazy stuff before. For example:

Tony3.jpg

No overlapping, crossing, nothing. Just layed it down where I thought I needed it and glassed over.

No, I wasn't able to get enough layers of glass on it tonight to do some tests.

Well, I'll stop bugging you for now. Just let us know when you do have an opportunity to hear it. :)

how's it sound?? comeon tell us??

looks really cool btw!! :+1:

love the amp rack....i might just have to steal the idea and redo the wifey's car.. :thud:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Got some listening in a moment ago. It sounds pretty good in the garage, but I have not loaded it into the car yet. I will not do so until it's 100%. I am having a small problem with panel resonance. I'm hoping that Polyfill will cure this, as I have not stuffed any in yet, but if not, I have to look to some other way of adding mass. It's not really all that bad, and my buddy will probably never notice it, but I did, and I don't like it.

Glad you like it.

Looks really nice to me ... so clean.

- Steve

Plans were to paint it body color, however, I tend to like the subtleness of stock appearances. Does anyone know where I can get some SEM texture paint or have a part #?

Got everything finished tonight, then remembered I was supposed to stop at the hardware store to get the screws I wanted. So no go on the box tonight. Final pics will be up tomorrow! :lol:

it's tomorrow! now how bout them pics and a listening review?