jack

A very popular class of amp, 1200 @ 2 for lowbucks

Sonic, that's a good point, I looked at the manual on Lanzar.com to find a copywright date to see if it's part of the old or the new ans couldn't find anything, nor anything about a release date of the opti line whatsoever, so I don't know if it's pre or post Pyramid. What's your opinion of those specs? (of course assuming they are true)

Haves, you had me then you lost me ith the AB class. The amp on my Camry couldn't handle that (I have already done the big three) alson, ideally I will find something good to 1 or half ohm for a bit of versitility.

Thanks guys, keep the ideas flowing!

How about a Phoenix Gold Tantrum? Not stable to 1 ohm, but does a solid 1200w at both 2 and 4 ohms, so it keeps the possibilities open as well.

Ahhh, sounds interesting, let me check it out, anyone else know this amps pros and cons?

I've owned one for a couple years now, the only downside to it would be fan noise, if you're listening with the engine off.

Other than that, I can't think of anything I don't like about it...

They were solid amps, not sure why PG did not make them longer. There was one draw back other then the fan noise, but PG corrected it quick, cannot remember what it was though. :(

I'm pretty sure sonic doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about.

The Hifonics amps are overrated. There's no getting around that.

They do NOT sound like Zapco amps. There's a stark difference between spending $200 on an amp and $600 on a better amp. Zapco made it's name in SQ. Hifonics made it's name in cheap power, which progressed into cheaper-not-so-great-power.

Did you even read my post? I never said they were the same. Have you owned them or are you talking from what you have heard from others? I can say that I have run both in the same car as well as other amps. And I know what I have heard. If you think they are underrated, then you should see my poor accord shake apart from the two RE SE10's. Of course the biggest amp that I have owned is a JBL bpx2200.1 and I cant say that it was twice as powerful as the Hifonics. So that leads me to believe that it is rated accurately. If you have any test reports that shows it grossly underrated, I would definately like to see them. Cause I am not claiming to be right, just giving my opinion

i would really like to see these test reports on the non xx models from hifonics, i think they are very great and sq is good too not to mention great prices... but just in case they are over-rated i got the amp with an excess of 400 watts of what i needed, and it was still in good price

I know that this one has been tabled for a while, but this weekend I am trying to sell a few subs and a couple of amps to get the money for one of these amps, with no luck so far, so it's back on the front of my mind. The budget here is even more critical because I need to add at least a nice power cell to my setup to run one of these properly so that's a good bit of money after you add misc. materials and 25 pounds of shipping.

This thread will soon turn into a "WTB" but if anyone knows of the current deal of the century on one of these or another one I haven't listed please let me know!

The spreadsheet is less than complete and not organized properly but whatever. (and you might have to zoom in)

Let's hear some input, Do I have the order about right? Two number threes because it's a tossup. Any more suggestions or recommendations?

iamps1234.jpg

If it doesn't work so well, try this link.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/b...s/iamps1234.jpg

thanks!

I love the spread sheet. I am naturally biased towards the Sundown and the US Amps, but for good reason. Both can be had for lower then MSRP. The one thing I do like about the MTX is the top mount controls. As for the Lanzar and the HiFonics, I don't feel they are on the same level as the other three.