Sign in to follow this  
lillitnn92

hello from Virginia land

just doing what i'm told and introducing myself.

i'm in the wait for shipping price and final total from SoundSplinter for my RLi-10 dvc. really excited and can't wait to get it. it will be in my regular cab Ranger, sealed. as for box size, not sure yet, going to wait and see what i have to build around. after months of reading posts here and at other places the RLi sounded like what i needed. from the reviews i'm glad i didn't impulse buy and get something crappy. space was a factor, depth being the most critical, but in the end it was overshadowed by the fact i couldn't find something shallow and still be want i wanted. most shallow mounts in my price range were low in the RMS and big in the box size. i'm sure when i'm all said and done, i'll get pics. for now...

hello all!

Edited by lillitnn92

There's some more of us in the Communistwealth ;)

Where are you?

Ah, OK. Been through there a few times.

There's a bunch of us right down 81 from you :)

Welcome to SSA. We have a good number of VA people and I try to make it down there.

Welcome. You should come to the MECA car audio comp on March 9th and 22nd in Roanoke Va. I think that roanoke is about 1.5 hours away and i'm sure that a few of the SSA guys will be there. I compete sq, so if you see a green kia rio with a ton of zapco stuff in it, come over and introduce yourself :)

thanks guys.

a little confession of sorts though. i'm not really into shows or anything like that, just good audio. i can remember back in the day my dad listening to his "now classic rock" albums (i'm 36) and watching him always tweaking his old Kenwood receiver and playing around to make it all sound sweet. i kinda got the bug with the whole "make it sound good as possible" at a very young age. this system will only be for mere personal enjoyment, no showing off or anything.

on a second note, the RL-i 10 is now on it's way, great service! i was expecting to wait a day or two before i got shipping charges. i even had a question after getting tracking number and in 3 minutes had an answer. all is going well so far!

thanks guys.

a little confession of sorts though. i'm not really into shows or anything like that, just good audio. i can remember back in the day my dad listening to his "now classic rock" albums (i'm 36) and watching him always tweaking his old Kenwood receiver and playing around to make it all sound sweet. i kinda got the bug with the whole "make it sound good as possible" at a very young age. this system will only be for mere personal enjoyment, no showing off or anything.

on a second note, the RL-i 10 is now on it's way, great service! i was expecting to wait a day or two before i got shipping charges. i even had a question after getting tracking number and in 3 minutes had an answer. all is going well so far!

lill,

a lot of the members are heavily into sound quality. that's why i think that you should come to the show for some ideas on your ride. i compete, but i also like clarity and detail. what are you going to use for your mids and highs?

thanks guys.

Your story is a lot like mine, although I'm 22 and my dad's albums have "become" mine and I play them on my system now :D

SQ competitors are a different breed than the typical basshead; I don't compete either but I enjoy listening to how people have things set up when they care about the entire spectrum :) Not just "hearing the words over the bass" :P

lill,

a lot of the members are heavily into sound quality. that's why i think that you should come to the show for some ideas on your ride. i compete, but i also like clarity and detail. what are you going to use for your mids and highs?

we'll see about shows. :) for the front stage, right now i'm kinda thinking Diamond Audio S600s or D661s's. i just got a Kenwood X591 for x-mas to replace my failing Alpine. i have a 40gig Soyo drive hooked up in the glove compartment and love it. i tell ya, just getting the head unit was a big step up in sound from the old one. i have a 12" Cerwin Vega Stealth crammed in a undersized box (long story) and a cheap profile amp; plus my old Sony coax's in the doors at the moment. for a long time i didn't really care about what i had in the truck as long as it wasn't stock. lately i've been wanting to up the sound a bit, even though i have a busted vehicle, i still want good sound while driving to and from work and around town.

Edited by lillitnn92