Sign in to follow this  
johny24

Hows the Denon avr-588 for a first receiver?

I basically need a receiver with a sub pre out and has to be a decent quality unit. Is this the one for me? Im running a 2.1 setup with some dayton 8s and a Fi Q18 powered by a dayton 1000w free standing amp.

It's decent...you could do a lot worse.

I'm not a big fan of most receivers in general when compared to separates, but that's just me :)

Hey, I'm also wondering about 2.1 home amps, my old technics amp finally gave out, and I have a very good set of tower speakers rated at 260w music so thats 130wrms (says on the manual), i'm looking for an amp that would do roughly 150rms or more 2 channel, but I don't know where to start with home audio, thought i'd start here and search around.. can anybody send me into the right direction ?!.. thanks guys !!

Looking at around 300 bucks us cdn, whatever, need a good amp, i'm looking at maybe going with a sub one day, so really I just want a 2 channel amp to power my towers which are 130 wrm @ 8 ohms, and they have 2 10" subs already. so just a really good 2 channel amp.

Probably have to go with a pro audio amp for that much power at 8 ohms.

Look into the QSC CX and PLX lines.

I basically need a receiver with a sub pre out and has to be a decent quality unit. Is this the one for me? Im running a 2.1 setup with some dayton 8s and a Fi Q18 powered by a dayton 1000w free standing amp.

Have a look at some of the integrated amps by NAD. C370 is one, (but a tiny bit out of your price range) big power, most with pre-outs for running a sub.

Stay away from a 5.1 reciever if you only intend to run 2.1. you're spending your money on processing rather than amplification.

Edited by soundemon