shizzzon

Impossible for a 10 to hit the lows

Not too stressful if you plan for it in mind...

And yes, there are some things that are definitely missing without it in some songs :)

Same 'ish, different day. :( Shops all around get brain-washed by the companies they deal in and industry magazines on a daily basis. A lot of shops also are so money concious that they will turn a cheek to anything that doesn't get them any commission. And to their credit (what little credit I do give the majority of shops) they only know what they have been told. It's quite simple really...except that they seem to be more opposed to learning new information if the information doesn't have the seal of approval by the companies they carry.

Unfortunate, really. :(

Same old sh, different day is right. I installed around '90 and that was a big place that did everything, stereo, interiors, cruise controls, truck lights/running boards/etc, cloth tops, sun/moon roofs/t-tops...you name it, and a lot for dealers too back then. They sold kenwood like crazy, even the items we knew didn't work that well. At the time they had a little 2way crossover it was a 1100 or something. It worked fine on a small system, but big power or stacking them was a bad idea. They sell a huge 5 amp system one day and want to put those in it...I say no....we put them in....it sounds terrible. Why they ask....I say puke crossovers....finally change out to LPs and what a difference. The guy had 3 LP amps and 2 SS amps, come on. They just had to sell kenwood everything for some reason. They had these flat 8 subs we sold a pile of instead of 10s some people wanted, because kenwood didn't have a 10 I guess. I had to tell people to insist on 10s for subs if they could fit and they wanted them.

Yeah I know I'm really late on this topic, but it is interesting. Not to be a buzz kill, but the audio guy originally mentioned was partially right although he probably doesn't know it or why. No sub, no matter what size or make (not even the rotary sub) can porduce audible tones below 20hz. Now, I love feeling and seeing a sub hit the low lows but for the most part' that is all it is; seeing it and not hearing it. I know, I know everyone knows a guy or saw a guy hit like 160db on termlab at 20hz but you did not "hear" the tone. What you actually "heard" would have been a combination the vehicle shaking and the voicecoil sliding along the former. Not to mention that the sensor used with termpro does not register acoustic energy (actual sound waves), it registers turbulance or pressure created by acoustic energy. The best analog for this would be a tsunami. You may not feel the event (the earthquake or landslide) that created the wave, but the wave can still be registered. I will agree that most shops employ dregs that have no idea what a quality product is or why it is better than another. Nowadays with all of the subsonic filters to keep 10hz and below tones out of the reach of the masses, who will push a speaker to its' wattage limits in order to see the excursion of a sub bass tone while heating the voil coils to melting point and eventually killing the sub, it is difficult at best get accurate tonal reproductions below 20hz not due to the subs but due to the audio processors built into most of the other equipment. With that said let the hate mail begin... be gentle.