mwoehr

Looking for a good 600 - 700 watt amp.

I'm looking for a good 600 - 700 watt amp. Any recommendations? It'll be to power a pair of Audiopulse Epic 12s. Impediance doesn't matter. Just needs to be able to power a pair of Epic 12s. As for budget, I could spend up to 400.

Edited by Jysoe

At what impedance? Budget?

It can be either 1 or 2 ohm. As for budget, I could spend up to 400. So far I'm considering a Sundown Audio SAX-100.4.

It can be either 1 or 2 ohm. As for budget, I could spend up to 400. So far I'm considering a Sundown Audio SAX-100.4.

That won't work for you since you need a 1 or a 2 ohm stable amp.

The Sundown SAE-1000D puts out 600w at 2 ohms, 1000w at 1 ohm. That would be much better for you.

You'll want to order the DVC4 Epics.

The Sundown SAE-1000D puts out 600w at 2 ohms, 1000w at 1 ohm. That would be much better for you.

It doesn't need to be 1 or 2 ohms. Just needs to power a pair of Epic 12s.

You just said it had to be.

And depending on what coil config you get, you still need a good 600w per sub.

These are your only logical wiring configurations:

DVC 2 Ohm

2_2ohmDVC_05ohm.gif

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

DVC 4 Ohm

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Basically any amp would work that puts out about between 300 watts - 400 watts per sub. With the SAE-1000D I'de be spending more for a 1000 watt amp when all I want is a 600 - 700 watt amp. Also, I don't need 600 watts per sub. I was told by Soundsplinter that 300 watts per sub would be great. I have a JBL 1200.1 II amp in storage, from what I understand it's a pretty solid amp and puts out 700 something at 4 ohms. Does that sound like it would work good to you? The reason I'm sticking with 600 - 700 watts is it's going in my girls new vehicle and she doesn't want a new alternator or extra batteries. Just maybe a Batcap 800 or cap.

Edited by Jysoe

A class D sub amp should put less draw on your car, in off case you didn't know that. I would not use a 4ch to run subs hard IMHO, they are not really made for it usually unless they recommend. I picked up a 500wrms alpine class d mono cheap a while back, but have not had chance to rewire so I can try it in car. I have 4 12s IB in there, the 420w out of the 5ch kicker does not max them but is pretty loud. Changing high side out so needed to get something for subs and figured the mrd couldn't be worse than kicker, but don't really know. I have a 350w to try too and a 1Kw off brand, but same deal its not worth it to me to change electrical. I have a small battery to add, a cap, and think it is 100-125A factory alt. In reality it shakes the car now, I can't even use all the sub until the high side is fixed up.

RF P600.1bd is a good amp.

I've got two (only running 1) and I've had no problems with it.

Great amp for 600-700 watts, plus they are damn efficient.

I even have an extra one laying around that I don't want. (hint hint) lol

it's always better to have a stronger amp then the power you really need. a more powerful amp will produce the power you require under all terms not just 14.4 it will run 'smoother' won't heat up as much and if you don't run it at full throtle the power consumption is less of course, so there is no need for a new alternator or much modifications to the electrical system..im not gonna recommend anything since i don't know what you guys use mostly over there, just thought i'd correct a misconception..

in any case it's a bump:)

Edited by mile098

Definitely whip out that JBL. That's a great amp.

That's what I'll do. I have one more question and I hope it's not a dumb one. When you have a 1200 watt amp and wire the impediance higher (like 4 ohms) so that it'll put out like 600 - 700 watts do you set the gains like that of an actual amp that puts out 600 - 700 watts?