Sign in to follow this  
pedalboy2001

What box set up wold be better

I am about to order a box for my dodge ram quad cab truck. There is a company that sells multiple different boxes for this. I was going to order a box for a single sub sealed. Becase it has 1.15 cubes I was going to order it for a single 12 inch sub. I liked this set up becasue it only takes up part of my underseat storage. They do also make some other enclosures for sealed setups. One is 2 seperate compartments sealed for 2 subs of either 8, 10 or 12 inch and have .6 cubes per sub compartment. One other box is another dual sub set up sealed with 1.45 cubes joined and can be ordered for 8, 10 or 12" subs. The third dual box is the same as the second joined setup but with 2 cubes combined volume. It too can be had for all 3 size subs. All of these boxes are limited to a 7 inch depth mount.

So my question is going for sound quality, what is the better set up? what are the differences I would get out of these set ups. I dont plan o trning it up really high for the subs to shake. I am just trying to give it a theatre like sound in my truck. My understanding is that 2 subs will only make it louder but not do anything for sound quality. What would 2 8's do differnt than the single 12? Lers assme the same level of sub like a Ascendant Assassin sub for even comaprison sake.

Why not just have someone build you one custom to the specs you need, probably end up spending less in the long run. And there are alot of guys out there who can build damn nice enclosures.

Personally I recommend BJ over @ Fisher Customs, great guy and awesome prices. www.Fishercustoms.com. Or shoot him a PM on here (BJFISH11)

Edited by DB_DRAG_SPL

Why not just have someone build you one custom to the specs you need, probably end up spending less in the long run. And there are alot of guys out there who can build damn nice enclosures.

Personally I recommend BJ over @ Fisher Customs, great guy and awesome prices. www.Fishercustoms.com. Or shoot him a PM on here (BJFISH11)

I sent him an email but it looks like he mainly does regualar portable boxes. The boxes I am looking at are all custom tailored to the storage areas of my truck. I dont knwo if he would be able to do a custom box for my truck unless he has a ram like mine around to use to measure.

And what sort of build are his boxes? I sure hope they are at least 3/4"mdf since you used the phrase SQ. Even that isn't enough in a lot of cases.

And what sort of build are his boxes? I sure hope they are at least 3/4"mdf since you used the phrase SQ. Even that isn't enough in a lot of cases.

The amp is a kicker and supplies 425W rms. I was most likely goign with an AA assassin sub or an ID12.

The boxes premade for the truck are 5/8" MDF and then sprayed with a bedliner material to add rigiity and seal everything.

4x4crazy,

What year is your truck? does it have a 40-20-40 front seat? if so do you use the seat often? I have built several enclosures for 1994-2007 dodges from regular cabs to quadcabs. in my opinion for a single sub set up is to replace the center front seat bottom with an enclosure. you can build your own such as I did for my wifes truck or here is a link for one of the better prefab's I have seen.

( I have no personal knowledge of this box but it is where I had gotten the idea to build one and try it)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Box-Dodge-Ram-Cust...1QQcmdZViewItem

if you rarely use the center front seat this would be a great option for you and you can retain all of your under rear seat staorage.

My wifes truck is a 98 quadcab I built a sealed enclosure .85ft^3 for a rockford fosgate 12p2 and I was able to reattach the center flip down. It's not the most comfotable but for short trips it is ok(lol)

if I can help in any way just ask.

Chad