Sign in to follow this  
hoaxci5

Replacing an older Assassin

Can anyone tell me what other subs have the same basket as Assassin's before the FI buildhouse thingy happened? It's about 1 year old I guess maybe a little more.

The ultimate question would be what beefier 10 can I put in it's place without it getting any wider at the magnets? I've got a center console box in my truck and the width is the limiting factor not the depth.

I'm looking for LSQ approx 1 cube sealed. Magnets have to be less than 6.5" in diameter.

Edited by hoaxci5

Have you seen the Sundown Audio SD-1v2's? They might fit the bill and I believe there is one for sale in the classifieds.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=14808

I forgot to mention that I would like either a dual 4 ohm or single 2 ohm. That is 8 ohm (at least the version listed on their website is) so that wouldn't get the job done. I'm only running a single 10, so I'd like to get the impediance down so that I can get cheaper power.

Secondly that doesn't look any beefier than my Assassin. There isn't anything wrong with my Assassin, I'm just trying to find something better, which may not be possible.

Can I have a sub rebuilt in the same basket for a reasonable amount of money? Is that even an option? If so could they change the impediance?

You're wanting a beefier sub than what you already have, but you don't have the room to fit a bigger magnet then you already have...

Time to find a new spot for the sub if you ask me.

You're wanting a beefier sub than what you already have, but you don't have the room to fit a bigger magnet then you already have...

Time to find a new spot for the sub if you ask me.

I can go deeper but I can't go wider. So a triple stacked magnet in place of double.

Beefier 10" subs that I can think of:

SSA Icon 10" D1 (diameter ??)

Soundsplinter RL-i10 D4 (dia 6.5")

Ascendant Audio Arsenal 10" D4 (dia ??)