Sign in to follow this  
keith77

1500 watts on BL Vs BTL

Hi,

i currently own the Q15s w/BP. The SQ is exellent but i would like more output. I have heard BLs dont get a lot louder than the Qs and the BTLs are way louder than both. My question is... Would the BTLs get louder than the BLs on 1500 watts. I dont see anyone running a BTL on 1500 watts. Also, the amps im running are MTX TA8001 1500 watts at 1 ohm (birthsheet says around 1900 watts at 14.4 volts so im might be getting around 1700-1800.

Thanks

Keith

I've heard not to get a BTL unless you have at LEAST 2Kw, anything less than that, get the BL.

According to Fi's website, the BLs are about 3db higher in efficiency than the Qs. If you do not think that's enough, either get more drivers, more power or build a different box.

If it is 3dbs more that means it should be 2wice as loud right. Do the Bls still sound decent on the lows or do they lean more towards SPL.

3db is like doubling power or doubling the amount of drivers you have so it's pretty noticeable ON A MIC, not by ear. Although you may be able to tell by ear IF they really are 3db louder if you are so used to your Qs by now.

i doubt your getting 1800 watts out of it. thats a 14.4 at peak... thats on a bench.... either way

the BL wil work out fin for you.. dont be so fast to get the BTL unless you think you have what it takes.. otherwise its a waste of money if you dont have power

i doubt your getting 1800 watts out of it. thats a 14.4 at peak... thats on a bench.... either way

the BL wil work out fin for you.. dont be so fast to get the BTL unless you think you have what it takes.. otherwise its a waste of money if you dont have power

Bigjon,

I have a 03 lincoln towncar and im assuming that the one in your avatar is yours. Do you shoot your speakers back or into the cabin, most cars dont have that big shelf where the gas tank is. Also what can I expect with BLs as far as overall output, does it still get down on the lows. And does your trunk flex and rattle like a mofo or do you have sound deadener.

Bigjon,

I have a 03 lincoln towncar and im assuming that the one in your avatar is yours. Do you shoot your speakers back or into the cabin, most cars dont have that big shelf where the gas tank is. Also what can I expect with BLs as far as overall output, does it still get down on the lows. And does your trunk flex and rattle like a mofo or do you have sound deadener.

i have vid

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=14493

i think it will tell you all that you asked. if not let me know... and ill tell you all i know lincoln brother

he ports his to the rear.

I used to own a car like that and i did the same thing. If they are anything like the AQs then they will dominate the lows with high output. I believe that's how the BLs are but let him tell you that since he's the one with the subs, hehe.

You are going to need sound deadener, that's a given.

Ive got the same CD player u got. The preout voltage on it is kinda low. It says 2.2 volts, do you match the gain to 2.2 volts or is it alright to turn it up a little bit. I know what everyone says about clipping but how much is too much. Also, are those speakers maxed out with the power you're giving them. Nice setup by the way.

Box is around 3.4 cubes for each sub tuned to 29 hz. I have to keep the amps turned down to avoid popping from over excursion. I did have them tuned to 32hz but the lows wern't hiting like i wanted them to.

i do not have the subs maxed out. i can go higher... but i wont unless im sitting infront of a term lab.

i dont know what the output is... ill tell you where i have most my setting on my H/u

SLa + 4. bass -4 sub output +4 50 hrz. and my amp is half gain.. no subsonic no bass boost. @ 1 ohm max volume is 22

my subs are in a 8ft befoere displacment. tuned @ 33 hrz. the lows are very low. i made a HRZ cd.. my subs love 30 hrz all thay way up to 45 hrz.

the port is faced back.... with no sound matt other then what lincoln gave me

i also took out the factory sub to theres some blow thru

i will get some mat soon.. not for the rattle.. but to maximize the output of my IB speakers,

the trunk does act a fool... but its expected..... did i miss anything?

Edited by bigjon

Box is around 3.4 cubes for each sub tuned to 29 hz. I have to keep the amps turned down to avoid popping from over excursion. I did have them tuned to 32hz but the lows wern't hiting like i wanted them to.

the poping sounds like a bix thats too big or a port that is too large. or perhaps your there a little of it all too much power... too much bass boost, too much air space..

o yeah and also i have a voltage line booster from my old car... i kept it around thinking maybe ill use it on my saz 3000d .. no way.. its too perfect tha way it is!

Maybe ill mess around with the box a little bit before i go sellin them. Ill let ya know how it turns out. Thanks everyone.

Maybe ill mess around with the box a little bit before i go sellin them. Ill let ya know how it turns out. Thanks everyone.

post some pics of that lincoln!

Sign in to follow this