Sign in to follow this  
chrismcdonald12

New explorer.... need help.

The saturn shook it self to peices after a short stint of 1 15" RESX with a 2500.1 wired at 4 ohm, had to replace it and am moving my gear over. Need some help from people who own ford explorers or SUV's in general.

Alright, i just bought a 2001 ford explorer sport.... For the sub and port directions for some loud loud daily pounding which is the best place to face the subs and the port? I plan on keeping my rear seats, making a 7 cuft box ported to 34HZ for my re SX's. Also the alt is a 130amp factory unit, i have a pair of new batts for the trunk and am runnin a KX2500.1. Do i need a larger alt if im not always hard into the amp? Thanks in advance.

A lot of people with those medium SUV's run port and sub both back. If you're competing, Most run sub up, port back.

depends on the install...

if room, sub & port back is ok.

most now, do sub & port up.... as stated by johnecon.

go to Reaudio.com box calculator, and plug & play....

depending on the batt., 2 solid models, and a 130A alt. should be ok.

I'd like to see more like 200A alt., just IMO.

In my explorer, with ported boxes, rear fire/rear port, was the best sound to me.

for Daily: subs & port to the rear / 152.db @ 36Hz

P1010504.jpg

for Spl: subs forward ports up, box all the way back / 154.6db 52Hz

P1010411.jpg

for just being obnochiously loud : subs & port up 154.1db @ 36Hz

002.jpg

The saturn shook it self to peices after a short stint of 1 15" RESX with a 2500.1 wired at 4 ohm, had to replace it and am moving my gear over. Need some help from people who own ford explorers or SUV's in general.

Alright, i just bought a 2001 ford explorer sport.... For the sub and port directions for some loud loud daily pounding which is the best place to face the subs and the port? I plan on keeping my rear seats, making a 7 cuft box ported to 34HZ for my re SX's. Also the alt is a 130amp factory unit, i have a pair of new batts for the trunk and am runnin a KX2500.1. Do i need a larger alt if im not always hard into the amp? Thanks in advance.

did you already buy the SX's? if you didnt, my bro has the same car, he did a half hex box, Three rear facing 12's and two in firing 12's on top.

off of a 2kw amp, it really bumps.