Sign in to follow this  
j_black10

Sealed Box - 2 FI Q18s

I wanted to see what my Qs sounded like in a sealed enclosure and I must say I love it!!! Here's pics of the build!! Box is 10.46 cu/ft dual chamber, so 5+ cu/ft for each sub!!

Power Plant!!!

IMG_0188.jpg

Test fit

IMG_0187.jpg

Image032-2.jpg

Image033-1.jpg

Image035-2.jpg

Image036-1.jpg

Image038-1.jpg

I sprayed it with black lacquer and put some Poly-Fill in it! Sounds great, gets loud!!!! I love it!!

Edited by J_Black10

damn, that is a really nice box, seems like its very loud, are those RF T10001bd amps?

Great job!

Yeap, it gets very loud!! Those vids don't show what it really can do!! And yeah those are T10001bds, running at 2ohms each so each sub is seeing 1000+rms each.

nice, love to see someone who appreciates sealed boxes. Did you have them ported before?

How much output did you lose going sealed?

How much output did you lose going sealed?

I'll say with the ported box I didn't set my gain on the master amp at all. It was all the way down. Now it's set, which is a little less than 1/4 the way up, and its just as loud or louder than before. So there was some lose but not much. But alittle adjusting fixed that!! I will say that my voltage doesn't drop now and it's really shaking the chit out of my truck now!!! The subs have more control, which with an Epicenter that is key!!!

Cool, that looks very loud Qs are very flexiable subs I see. Hows the top end sealed now?

Nice man. I just sealed my Q 15's. I had them in a 8cuft enclosure, tuned to 30Hz in an 89' Range Rover. Now I have them in 5.1Cuft sealed enclosure in a 95' Integra Hatch. The SQ difference is very noticeable. I love the way they sound sealed. And judging by ear they are louder in the hatch than in the Range. They definitely came alive sealed.

did you sand that finish after laquer was applyed?

Nope, I did not! I put 3 good coats on it.

Sign in to follow this