Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

T/S Parameters

Are these parameters taken on the subs when they are freshly new or taken when the suspension has loosened up?

And I am referring to Fi subs.

Edited by shizzzon

Are these parameters taken on the subs when they are freshly new or taken when the suspension has loosened up?

And I am referring to Fi subs.

After it has loosened up.

Well, then i have questions...

On the 10" BL, since it's Fs is rated over 40hz AFTER it has loosened up, why would Fi suggest tuning as low as 30hz? I want to tune 3 of these 10s to 35hz but still like it to drop down to 30hz, and of course be able to reproduce that sound. I am just leary that it won't. I know Fs does or may have to do with SQ as well, but sq comes into play when i want it playable.

I need loud but i need my lows as well.

The BL's will hit 30hz just fine. If you want LOUD 30hz... step over to the Q.

you know man, i understand what the difference between the two is now since you say that from experience with other subs lacking in low end...

But for my install, i will be facing sub AND port forward in the car.

I know that loses a ton of low end right there. Do you think i still have a chance of having the Q reproduce that low end still tuned at 35hz or should i just stay with the BLs?

I am fully aware of the loss i will have with facing everything forward but i have had an install like this before so i know what's lacking. I am also aware when i had an install like that, that 40-52hz was breath taking, i liked that a lot.

Mainly what i mean by experience is, it kinda sounds like a sealed box in a small enclosure trying to play low bass. As long as I can audibly hear "some" low bass response out of the BLs in the low end range facing forward then i'm alright. I already knew what to expect when facing forward so the ultra lows are not a goal, just equivalent to what a small sealed box sounds when it tries to play them.

so whatcha thinka? The BL win in this scenario?

Edited by shizzzon

You'll probably need to tune a bit lower to make up what you may lose by porting and tuning forward. Can you fit a box tuned at 29-30hz in your car?

nope, I was gonna tune at 33 but ports too long.

I'm going to be using 4 4" diameter ports and required length at 35hz is 29" long per port!

I only have like 20" total internal depth but i am still tinkering in AutoCAD to see what i can come up with.

The box size is 3.5cubes NET. Just checked, goin down to 30 would increase em another 11" per so that's a no go. I can try to increase internal volume to allow a partial drop in length but it's still not enough to fit, even at 35 without some more tinkering.

if i did, i'd have to cut my amplifier power by half.

Try to picture this if u can.

This is the best setup i have drawn out so far so if anything new happens then... well that's irrelevant for right now.