i got a jvc head unit that is campatible with cd-r/cd-rw. for some reason i can rarely play philips cd-rws. i have not tried any other brand but does anyone know how a good brand of cd-rw that would work well with car head units? my headunit also plays any cd-r brand just fine. o n sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic

Edited by phi

its probably your headunit rather then the media, as ive never had a problem with any media in my unit and i buy any and everything.

its probably your headunit rather then the media, as ive never had a problem with any media in my unit and i buy any and everything.

are you talkin about cd-rw? i mean for cd-r i can play any brand. i got the JVC KDG230

I've never had a JVC, but my Alpine has never had a problem reading Memorex, Philips, Imation, Maxell, or any other brand of CD-RW I've put in it.

I'd try a different brand, or maybe try a different burning program...

If you have an older head unit they can be quite picky with different disks. I remember back in the day the color made huge differences and RW disks were even pickier. All i can recommend is keep searching till you find a style that works. That or get a new HU

burn slower too.

try 16x

well i used winamp and nero to burn the cd-rws and the headunite is fairly new. maybe i should try to burn slower, the phillips i got burns at 52x, maybe that is it... o n i used two different burners too, internal and external.

the last Alpine i had, it wouldnt except discs burned higher than 24x.

I always burn at 16x because some home stereos i have came across do not like speeds above 16x.

16x is only 5 minutes and some seconds for a whole disc.

I would use nero over winamp to burn discs any day. I do not trust burning drivers for software that was originally never wrote for burning.

You don't go to Auto Zone to get the best performance parts there is to get... Same thing as you don't use an audio player to burn discs, especially if you are troubleshooting here.

Edited by shizzzon

yea ur right, man i just burnt a cd-rw and i think the speed on these memorex's are only 16x no other... i cant change the speed on them for some reason. i think ima go find some tdks or more expensive memorex i cant remember where i got these but they were cheap cus i was only lookin for cheap

well i went out n bought tdks they were 1x-4x cd-rw. i burnt one and it worked fine. i hope it still works after awhile. and im just wondering if it is bad to keep the disc inside the headunit or if it doesnt matter.

and im just wondering if it is bad to keep the disc inside the headunit or if it doesnt matter.

Doesn't matter...