Sign in to follow this  
boalova13

Which setup should i go with?

Hello i currently have a 18" bl in a ~7ft^3 box tuned to 32hz powered by a jl 1000/1. Now it's loud but i'm still looking for more. I'm trying to stick to using an 18" or a pair because i was very impressed. My question is would you guys recommend getting a pair of q's with ~2500rms or a fully loaded btl with ~2500rms. Or my other alternative is selling my amp and getting ~2000rms for the bl and ill set the gains where it'll see around 1500. \

What do you guys recommend? thanks

i would say the pair of Q's because 1, cone area and 2, im partial to em lol....what is this going into?

If you have the room the Q's have much more music output potential..

Thanks!

-Nick

i would say the pair of Q's because 1, cone area and 2, im partial to em lol....what is this going into?

It will be going into a 1997 grand marquis

If you have the room the Q's have much more music output potential..

Thanks!

-Nick

I mainly listen to rap but i ocassionally listen to other types of music. How are the q's in terms of spl? How would you compare a pair of q's with roughly 2500 watts as opposed to a btl with the same power? thanks for your help

i think your under powering that bl

i think your under powering that bl

I am but i originally bought it with the intent to add a second. So i got a dual 1 ohm voice coil. Well i cant fit a second unless i go sealed so i dont know if i want to switch up now, it's not going to be horribly expensive if i do, and i've already performed the electrical upgrades so why not. I figure it'll go good with the 22's lol. I'm just not sure if i want to go with 2 q's or a btl

well, i think you will get a great sound out of a sundown saz 1500d at a half ohm,

either way,

you can sell that one you have, and pick up 2 15's bls, with a sundown saz 3000d and that will wet your wistle

Bringing this back to see if i can get anymore opinions. I should be ordering in a week or so. Also the amp I'm going to be using is a saz3000d. What do you guys think? thanks

Bringing this back to see if i can get anymore opinions. I should be ordering in a week or so. Also the amp I'm going to be using is a saz3000d. What do you guys think? thanks

have you seen the vids of my car.. its pretty much the same trunk,

do you have any vids of your 18?

have you seen the vids of my car.. its pretty much the same trunk,

do you have any vids of your 18?

No where can i find them? And I haven't got around to making any, im waiting on a recone because one of my tinsel leads broke or i'd make some. Ill probably just wait till i get the new setup since it should only be around a month.

Edited by boalova13

If you want to see what a pair of Qs can do, go to youtube and find the user SPLexplorer, he's got a lot of vids from different setups. He's got 1 Q in some vids, then a pair of Q 18s in another, and i think he recently got 2 bls.

Btw, is anyone on here splexplorer? lol

Sign in to follow this