Sign in to follow this  
tasos

Fi Q 12 (or AA 12 Havoc)

I currently have an Alpine typer 1222D with this box and this amp.

I beleive that the sub at high volume takes over 1kw clean watt rms.

(gain is set with a dmm, alpine 9812 (4v subout), volume 25/35, sub out 8/15, gain at 1/3 (5v-to-0.2v))

I'm very satisfied with this setup (i did 139.9db @ 39Hz, link), but i want to try something else...

I'm looking for a 12" that will be louder from the typer (2-3db??) and has the same or better SQ.

I believe that an Fi Q 12 or an AA Havoc 12 is what i need.

Fi Q 12 --> 249

The same SQ from a Type R isn't a very high standard :D

hey tasos, may i ask why your sub out is only 8 of 15? Unless you know something i dont, i don't see no way that amp is outputting 1Kw of power set like that. I was just curious if you are afraid the amp might damage the sub...

Just checkin.

I've always had mine maxed out at 15, that way it lets me run everything flat on the stereo itself and control all processes via external devices...

I've had both...the Havoc is clearly a better sub. But is the Havoc worth the extra $$$? Not sure.

The havoc has a little more output and feels a little deeper. Doesn't sound deeper...just feels different.

Edited by bigjae1976

Thank you all guys!

@JimJ

I'm happy hearing this :)

So, the typer's SQ is at same level with BL's SQ?

@shizzzon

Yes i'm afraid the amp might damage the sub... i think 1500w daily is too much for the typer.

With other subs (like soundstream T5-15) i had the sub out at 12/15. At this level the amp puts out unclipped signal (i'm pretty sure about this).

When i meterd the typer with termlab i had:

vol 25/35, sub out 8/15 --> 139.3

vol 25/35, sub out 12/15 --> 139.6

vol 25/35, sub out 15/15 --> 139.7

vol 30/35, sub out 15/15 --> 139.9

And at the end i set the vol 35/35 and sub out 15/15 and it metered again 139.9db.

@bigjae1976

The Havoc at http://www.bladeice.com/havoc.php is only 10

we have been testing the havocs for months now. and i have 1 15 inch havoc in a 2001 expo. it is doing a 149.6 no wall. tuned to 36 on a ternlab. it is one of the best subs we have ran in a long time.

Edited by mobilecreations

So, the typer's SQ is at same level with BL's SQ?

I honestly have not heard a BL yet. When we had the Great 12 Challenge, the BL wasn't released yet.

But the Type R sucks for SQ, IMHO. So I'd rather have something Fi than that, anyway :)

Sign in to follow this