Sign in to follow this  
mwoehr

Thinking of a pair of Fi SSD subs

I have a JBL 1201.1 II amp that puts out 1100 watts at 2 ohms. I have a pair of Orion HP12s sealed in 1.2 cubes each. The surround on one of them tore and I'm looking to upgrade to a pair of subs that could get louder and sound better. I was wondering if the SSDs are efficient subs because I notice they are rated at 800 watts rms because I'de love a pair of the 12s sealed if they are effient and would knock hard and sound good with my amp. Or do you think I'de be better off with a pair of the 10s ported and tuned low? I just want it to sound good and hit hard.

Honestly man you might want to entertain picking up a kicker zx1500 or a sundown 1500 for the pair...

1200 watts really won't push them to their full potential for the pair...but don't get me wrong it should sound good and still get fairly loud, just take note that you won't be at your full potential...

Thanks!

-Nick

Honestly man you might want to entertain picking up a kicker zx1500 or a sundown 1500 for the pair...

1200 watts really won't push them to their full potential for the pair...but don't get me wrong it should sound good and still get fairly loud, just take note that you won't be at your full potential...

Thanks!

-Nick

So then their not that efficient then huh. That confuses me a lil being there's a dude on Realm of Excursion.com pushing 6 of the SSD 10s with a 2500 watt Kicker amp. I guess that rules out the SSDs as an option being I don't want to get rid of my amp. Thanks for the info dude.

Edited by Jysoe

Thanks!

-Nick

So then their not that efficient then huh. That confuses me a lil being there's a dude on Realm of Excursion.com pushing 6 of the SSD 10s with a 2500 watt Kicker amp. I guess that rules out the SSDs as an option being I don't want to get rid of my amp. Thanks for the info dude.

underrated or non-efficient? i think underrated.

jysoe you give up too easy dude. i have two ssd 12's copper coils running on a us amps400 this amp is rated 1200@2ohms. it is a slightly underrated amp but let me tell you these puppies get loud! the box they are in is only giving them about 1.9 per woofer tuned to 33hz and the sound pressure has already made my window leak from jumping out of the surround. and my trunk lock is broken due to vibration. and i have yet to be able to crank it as loud as it can go! let me tell you i have become a fi fanatic and i hadent heard of them until about two months ago. even with the amp you have youll be happy. i wouldnt trade my current setup for anything unless i were competing and i would only just get another us amps. nick is just saying that the woofers can give you more if you want it.

Edited by benz280se

Never said it wouldn't work, simply said you will not get them to their full potential. But sure, it will work fine.

Thanks!

-Nick

Sign in to follow this