Sign in to follow this  
MaddoxBay

Help designing ported boxes...

as a general rule of thumb...winISD will give you a box tuned for sq. from there u can change the tuning, add (or subtract) box volume, port size ,etc.

what you need to do is decide what u are after more...all out spl, sql or sq. u need to take some measurements of where the box(s) are going to see how much room you have and then play around with isd some.

my personal box with 8's in it is a single,shared chamber affair, aprox 1.75ft^3(i really ought to measure the damn thing..hehe) with a round port tuned to about 45hz. this was done because at the time i had a factory cassette deck and they won't play below 40 hz or so.

oh yeah..in general, lower tuning produces better sq..while higher tuning produces more spl. also remember smaller boxes help a subs suspension and aid in higher power handling.

hope that helps

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thanks Guys,

I was looking for SQ mainly, mabe a little LSQ but I dont expect a lot with two 8's...

I will probally go with the 30 Hz tuning. :slayer:

I answered you question and made you a box design pic (as best as I can - not really good a PS yet) It is in the fabrication section over at Car Audio Resources.com

Although this is the first time I am hearing that you are going with 2 subs rather than 1 sub :blink: