bmr4life

Is a single ICON 12 ported to the optimal specs loud?

Since I only have room for 1, thats what I would have to work with. Again, I have 1200 watts to feed it. Box can be up to 3 cubes externally measured. I can give dimensions later because I will need help designing the box.

while you're pondering jim's question as to what your definition of loud is, let me tell you that my single 12, with 1100wrms in just about 2cubes at 34hz did a mid 130 legal on a tl in my xcab silverado. downfiring box with a single 4" port.

in short, the potential is there. the box and vehicle will finish the puzzle, and either add or subtract from the final answer.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thank you. I appreciate the replies.

Loud to me a is a 12" Brahma in 2 cubes ported to 32hz powered by 1200 watts. Thats what I used to have and it was awesome. Thats what I'm trying to achieve.

Aim for 34hz like Kent mentioned, and if you can go with 2.25 cubes that would be a great start. I love it in 2.0 @ 27hz, but it is not meant for high output in that box. :)

Thanks, just to make sure I'm on the right path. Icons are considered high output subs right?

Thanks, just to make sure I'm on the right path. Icons are considered high output subs right?

they have the ability to get loud, yes

they would be considered LSQ, they are accurate with the ability to get loud in the meantime

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I thought we were done with this for today :D

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I thought we were done with this for today :D

ROFL did someone ninja edit my post, i swear i didnt exactly type that out

We concluded here, that "S Q L" does not exist, so I have the software edit it to LSQ. As for the Icon itself, it just took first place in a big MECA SQ competition & best of show for SQ. But on top of that, check out all the recent videos people have been doing with Icon's that have tremendous output.

So what I am saying is that it does well in both aspects, just depends on the install. ;)

We concluded here, that "S Q L" does not exist, so I have the software edit it to LSQ. As for the Icon itself, it just took first place in a big MECA SQ competition & best of show for SQ. But on top of that, check out all the recent videos people have been doing with Icon's that have tremendous output.

So what I am saying is that it does well in both aspects, just depends on the install. ;)

man so that awesome a congrats are in order for the competitor who won and for the makes of the sub fing05.gif

That ^^^ would be said competitor, ramos was part of that install also.

i would have to say icons do get out and sound good doing it with out break a sweat.

I got tired of all this back and forth and order the last used Icon 12.