Sign in to follow this  
lithium

holy chit

i received my sub last week but i didnt notice it was an assassin and ive been runing 600rms to it for the last couple days and it was pounding plenty hard for my taste. however today i found a box in my home with a new sub in it. i quickly noticed it was the arsenal i had ordered and that ive been runing an assassin with over twice the stated rms for the last week.

cant believe the sound quality im getin from just one 12!!!

what quality product. cant believe i didnt blow the assassin!!!

i received my sub last week but i didnt notice it was an assassin and ive been runing 600rms to it for the last couple days and it was pounding plenty hard for my taste. however today i found a box in my home with a new sub in it. i quickly noticed it was the arsenal i had ordered and that ive been runing an assassin with over twice the stated rms for the last week.

cant believe the sound quality im getin from just one 12!!!

what quality product. cant believe i didnt blow the assassin!!!

so why do you ahve both an assasin and arsenal? also i think the assassin is svc4 while the arsenal is dvc4. anyway AA underrates their subs by a lot so no surprise that it takes the power.

He probably got sent the wrong sub originally and AA sent him the correct one after, just my guess though.

He probably got sent the wrong sub originally and AA sent him the correct one after, just my guess though.

thats correct

the assassin is dvc and i wired it in parallel so it was geting atleast double its power rating

im guessing it is not recommend for sealed boxes because aa does not list a sealed box with the specs

Wow.

im trying to tell everybody not to believe the rms ratings their subs they are better than that. Dont get me wrong i know why he rated them the way he did

I think Scott takes into account that there are a lot of really crazy people out there when he does the power ratings...

i heared the power ratings are low so that complete noobs who have problems blowing the subs.

id believe that. i wish aa would have sent me some sort of manual or something so i would have notice i had the wrong sub sooner. ohwell my dad's b-day is tomarrow so he might be getin a nice gift

i need help with the ported box but ill make a new post

im trying to tell everybody not to believe the rms ratings their subs they are better than that. Dont get me wrong i know why he rated them the way he did

They'll also do just fine with lower power than what's recommended...

i didnt really look at the sub i just took it out of the package and put it in the box i had done already. didnt notice till i pulled it out that it was only a double stacked magnet but the cones are basicly the same. the arsenal is alittle deeper and the dust cap is alittle bigger... i just wanted to hear some bass lol

You and one other customer had a free "gift"... New guy in the shipping dept couldnt tell the difference between the two... luckily head of ship/rec found the error the next day.

As for under rating things... not really. I go by the DAF for most of my car audio ratings (a few of that know me know when I made that one up ;) ) I dont like seeing products come back and tend to overbuild things. Sh1t runs down hill and a mad customer makes for a mad dealer... then rep then finally to me. So overbuilding seems to elimate 99% of this for car audio. Ill keep it that way :)

Arsenal cone is much thicker and heavier duty (similar in build to the Chaos, Havoc, and Mayhem cones but with a 2.5" coil and narrower surround). Surrounds are similar, although the Arsenal is a slightly taller profile and a little more overall surface area to the cone. Definitely a more rugged sub than the Assassin... hence the doubling of power handling as well.

Keep us updated on both!

Thanks,

Scott

thanks again for the awsome product. im about to make a ported box and see how that sounds. ive used sealed only on past subs.

wierdly enough the spec for both the assassin and arsenal are the same for a ported box. 2.2 cubes at 30hz or something like that. so ill try both subs out in the box just for fun.

not sure what ill do with the assassin. some of my friends run some pretty horrible mtx, alpine, kicker, etc cheap systems. so maybe i can convert them to a real sub. geting me some money so i can do some work on my cars electrical.

ive also been playing around with this idea using a computer power supple and car amp inside... bet an assissin would make a nice sub for my room. lol

Sign in to follow this