Sign in to follow this  
lithium

arsenal 12 d4 ported box

using win isd (im a noob with it so im checking with all you)

aa recommends a 2.2 cubic foot box tuned to 33 hz but some one on here recommends a tuning frequency of 29.

i used 2.2 cubes for the net and tuned it to 29 hz and picked a slot port with a hight of 8 inches a width of 1inch and a lenght of 8.13 inches.

external dimension are 28" L x 16" h x 12.5" d sub displacement and port displacement where include.

the port seem really small but again i have no idea being my first ported box design. i have done several sealed but that very staight forward.

All the numbers work out fine. But that is not nearly enough port area for that size box you need about 12 - 16 square inches per cubic foot, you have about 3.6 square inches per cubic foot.

All the numbers work out fine. But that is not nearly enough port area for that size box you need about 12 - 16 square inches per cubic foot, you have about 3.6 square inches per cubic foot.

bromo is right. While the numbers look good, the port area is tiny. You will get tons of port noise if you make the port that small. In WinISD, go into "Rear port - Air Velocity" You want that to be under around 35 ms so you don't get port noise.

I plugged the Arsenals specs into WinISD, and I would use 2.2 cu.ft of space, with a 2" x 8.5" port that is 20" long. That should give you a tuning frequency of 29-30 and shouldn't have any port noise.

Edited by Philanthro

I plugged the Arsenals specs into WinISD, and I would use 2.2 cu.ft of space, with a 2" x 8.5" port that is 20" long. That should give you a tuning frequency of 29-30 and shouldn't have any port noise.

thanks i just havent messed with a ported box before. the port seem extremely small but i wasnt sure how to check for air velocity.

ill use them exact spec but will it be ok if i use an L shaped port or would a staight one work better.

any tips on ported box constrution would be appriecated.

thanks i just havent messed with a ported box before. the port seem extremely small but i wasnt sure how to check for air velocity.

ill use them exact spec but will it be ok if i use an L shaped port or would a staight one work better.

any tips on ported box constrution would be appriecated.

I think straight ports resist port noise a little bit better, but I think an L shaped one would be fine. As for box building tips... use 3/4 MDF or thicker for minimal flex. If you are using screws, you absolutely need to drill holes first. Don't screw close to the ends, or they will split. Seal it up well with silicone or resin...

Anyone else have any other tips?

Oh yea, I'm still waiting for pics of this Lithium ;)

ya ya ill get them picks up im just having to much fun listening to ir right now

ill be have my wisdom teeth out friday so ill do it then

You should have about 12-16 sq in of port per cu ft. for a 2.2 cu ft box, you'll need between 24-32 sq in. So if you go with an 8" high port, it should be about 3-4in wide.

Edited by bigjae1976

wait so now i need between 24-32 sq in not 12-16 sq in????

built the box today! sound great! still pretty accurate for a ported box. i figured it would get real hummy and sloppy with the quick bass but its not too bad. think id rather run sealed....

the lack of midbass is terrible...but i pulled out my all my speakers to sell and will be geting some pg rsd's. budget is low but im hearing some good stuff about these speakers.

I just finished an Arsenal 12D4 in a sealed box, sounds pretty good.

i think i like it sealed more for the music i listen to. the ported box is nice for alittle more spl. ill probly just switch between the 2 depending on my mood.

think ill try the assassin the ported box sometime too.

Sign in to follow this