Sign in to follow this  
MKader17

Diet Pills

I have been doing some research about diet pills lately to really see what was in them, what they are all about, and if they are really worth using. I thought I would share some of my findings and formulated opinions and would love to hear others as well.

I would like to state that I am doing this research under the premise that the subject is participating in a diet and exercise regiment of some kind. It is simply obvious that no results can be healthily achieved through diet pills alone. The 3 must work together.

It seems to me there are about 3 different things diet pills target.

1. Increased Energy - Diet pills tend to include caffeine, guarana and such. These type of additives usually increase awareness for a short amount of time and in some people cause a "crash" which makes them less alert then they were originally later. I feel a person can get plenty of "energy" through healthy diet and good sleep. These additives are short lived and only masked a poor diet or lack of sleep. As I see it, strike one for diet pills

2. Fat "Burning" - (also referred to as thermogenic or thermo), This is the one additive that seems may really make a diet pill effective. I will continue the research on this specifically, but the goal is to increase the bodies metabolic rate. Some say this is achieved by merely "warming up" the body, which renders it ineffective

3. Fat Blocking - This to me is the most dangerous territory. Ingredients in the pill attempt to block the body from digesting to much fat. This undigested fat is then moved along through the intestines and out the body. This makes for the :bull: process to be not regular and in some cases can lead to accidental :bull: ing or anal leakage. Hint: if you do not eat too much you will not need a product to stop you from digesting it.

So of the three topics I discussed two become unnecessary when the body is employed upon a proper diet and one still needs more research.

More Information Soon...

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form a doctor or plan to be one. My researched is mostly based off of internet search. I am not responsible for any decision made based on my research

Nice disclaimer and good ideas................as I can attest, the Hydroxycut, seems to warm the body, provide some indigestion, and nasty amounts of farts, but helped shave the tummy SOME but not alot.

J

Nice disclaimer and good ideas................as I can attest, the Hydroxycut, seems to warm the body, provide some indigestion, and nasty amounts of farts, but helped shave the tummy SOME but not alot.

J

I like ALRI's Venom Hyperdrive 3.0. Label says work up to 2 caps/day, but I only took one in the morning. Very little jittery feeling, just warmer than usual and quite awake.

----------------

Now playing: Pink Floyd - [The Wall (Disc 1) #11] 11 - Don't Leave Me Now

This is just another shortcut that people run to because its too hard to stuff a rag in their mouth and go run.

From past experience its easier to go after things straight up instead of thinking of what to google next for "Fastest Weight Loss Drug"

This is just another shortcut that people run to because its too hard to stuff a rag in their mouth and go run.

From past experience its easier to go after things straight up instead of thinking of what to google next for "Fastest Weight Loss Drug"

thanks for that great info chad. these diet and fat loss pills should never be used as the sole source to lose weight. Rather they are SUPPLEMENTS that when used in combination with a good nutrition program and exercise regime can increase effectiveness safely.

----------------

Now playing: Jedi Mind Tricks Feat. Planetary - [Violent By Design #08] I Against I

Diet pills scare me. I had a close neighbor who ended up dying because of diet pills. This was when I was much younger so I don't know much about what she was taking. I do assume it was an ephedra based supplement though. I have nothing against any supplements though, to each his own.

As far as fat loss goes I think the best way is cut out the sweets and hit the cardio!

Ephedra based pills are actually the only pills that really showed that they worked IMO

I was recently talking to a co-worker about losing weight. He told me a few years ago he was taking Metabolife (ephedra based) and was very skeptical of it at first but really did notice a suppressed appetite. Soon after that Ephedra was banned but my co-worker kept taking it (the now non-ephedra based supplement) and said that he immediately noticed that the non-ephedra based pills had no effectiveness compared to the ephedra based.

Ephedra was only dangerous to those who abused. Go figure, just like any other drug. if you take too much of it it hurts you. Those who were sticking to recommended dosage recorded no long term side effects or death for that matter.

Again though, if your body can not handle the recommended dosage (ex: you are allergic, or respond differently) you shouldn't take it. Kind of obvious but I figured it needed to be thrown in.

thanks for that great info chad. these diet and fat loss pills should never be used as the sole source to lose weight. Rather they are SUPPLEMENTS that when used in combination with a good nutrition program and exercise regime can increase effectiveness safely.

----------------

Now playing: Jedi Mind Tricks Feat. Planetary - [Violent By Design #08] I Against I

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I wont take anything back from what i typed. 2 months ago i was 10% body fat and now I am 6%. And it is a lot harder to lose weight when you are not overweight. So when people talk about how they go on a diet and how great its going and then a few weeks later you see them eating a $hit load of $hit and you just know in your head that they gave up because it was too hard. I can think of 4 people right off the top of my head. So I know there are more people out there. And now hearing about some guy who thinks that diet pills are the easy solution. All i do is shake my head ...

----------------

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I wont take anything back from what i typed. 2 months ago i was 10% body fat and now I am 6%. And it is a lot harder to lose weight when you are not overweight. So when people talk about how they go on a diet and how great its going and then a few weeks later you see them eating a $hit load of $hit and you just know in your head that they gave up because it was too hard. I can think of 4 people right off the top of my head. So I know there are more people out there. And now hearing about some guy who thinks that diet pills are the easy solution. All i do is shake my head ...

again, he said when you have all your ducks in a row then add a supliment it will show much better results. Your blanket statement may work as a life ethic and policy for you but it doesn't have any basis in fact.

Diet pills scare me. I had a close neighbor who ended up dying because of diet pills. This was when I was much younger so I don't know much about what she was taking. I do assume it was an ephedra based supplement though. I have nothing against any supplements though, to each his own.

As far as fat loss goes I think the best way is cut out the sweets and hit the cardio!

#1 assumption is the mother of all screw ups. You could be totaly right though. It could have been ephedra. Although, I have a history of heart risk in my family, and obesity. Yet when I was on ephedra for 2 years cycling on and off steady I was fine. I had a full heard and blood work up as there was the whole ephedra scare. I had a resting rate of 50-55 bpm and low BP. Now I'm much more sedentary and have no motivation, got fat and weak. Now I'm have high BP and cholesterol. Thank god no heart issues, and before I get them I will losse the extra flab. When I do I hope there is still ephedra out there, so when I need an extra kick and help it's there. The FDA is just about the biggest scum of the earth and are far to funded by politicians and others who have interest in the rx drug market.

I am using Redline

It could me psychological or not, but I find I am eating less and my stomach seems somewhat smaller.

I am doing the gym 4 days a week (sometimes 5) and eating healthier than I was before.

J

I am using Redline

It could me psychological or not, but I find I am eating less and my stomach seems somewhat smaller.

I am doing the gym 4 days a week (sometimes 5) and eating healthier than I was before.

J

Ha! it's not in your head. redline is amazing. but IMHO too powerful. My friends and I refere to taking redline at "sharding" as it's afect are what we assume meth to be like.

I am using Redline

J

Ha! it's not in your head. redline is amazing. but IMHO too powerful. My friends and I refere to taking redline at "sharding" as it's afect are what we assume meth to be like.

Eh I'm 5'10 and about 185..........granted haven't weighed in in about 3 months.

J

don't get me wrong, I like it, it's just not something I personaly can take everyday.

=)

The only product I've ever used that caused an appetite suppression is the new "Stimulant X" - orange pills. I take one in the morning, primarily as an energy supplement to avoid the calories of caffeinated beverages - and I found it actually curbs my appetite. Amazingly the effect last all day from a single capsule, at least for me it does :)

The first version was a better energy supplement, IMO - but this new version is the ONLY thing I've ever taken that kicked my appetite down. I've been hungry on any other product - and I've tried many of them, including Ephedra years ago (still hungry). I don't see how anyone takes more than one, though! I wouldn't suggest doing so.

I've never seen noticeable fat burning effects from any product either... just that they gave me enough energy to complete more cardio and/or more exercise. With the benefit of appetite suppression this may be the first product to assist me beyond that - I have an incredible appetite and get tired if I don't eat what my body wants. I found it took about 3800 healthy calories a day to keep my energy up without caffeine, and even with exercise this put fat on me.

The only product I've ever used that caused an appetite suppression is the new "Stimulant X" - orange pills. I take one in the morning, primarily as an energy supplement to avoid the calories of caffeinated beverages - and I found it actually curbs my appetite. Amazingly the effect last all day from a single capsule, at least for me it does :)

The first version was a better energy supplement, IMO - but this new version is the ONLY thing I've ever taken that kicked my appetite down. I've been hungry on any other product - and I've tried many of them, including Ephedra years ago (still hungry). I don't see how anyone takes more than one, though! I wouldn't suggest doing so.

I've never seen noticeable fat burning effects from any product either... just that they gave me enough energy to complete more cardio and/or more exercise. With the benefit of appetite suppression this may be the first product to assist me beyond that - I have an incredible appetite and get tired if I don't eat what my body wants. I found it took about 3800 healthy calories a day to keep my energy up without caffeine, and even with exercise this put fat on me.

I have had similar problems but almost in almost every way accept ephedra did help somewhat. makes me sweat pretty good. Thermo gen II specificaly.

diet pills are just a very very small fix to a larger problem (no pun intended ;) ) but yes, with proper dieting and a bit of excerise you do not need your first 2 listed types of diet pills..however i dont know much about the third type (fat blockers) since i never cared to look into them but im assuming with a proper diet and moving around once and awhile you would no longer need the fat blockers.

even if you are an extreme case i think with proper dieting and a bit of..activity you should not need a diet pill. Ephedra pills do seem to be the only type of fat loss pill that has real results.

Lots of pills contain alot of products that promote fat loss or keep your metabolism higher such as caffine\green tea extract but they are nowhere near ephedra or what the pill company's claim they can do .

Save your money and buy a saz5000D

I would also say this.

Buying a great multivitamin, will everytime be more beneficial in loosing fat than any fat blocker. So if you aren't already taking the highest quality vitamin & mineral suplement you can (not snake oil type vitamins mind you) you will be wasting money throwing it at some fat pill.

I voted saz 7000... why because it would strike fear into the hearts of lesser amps and make them blow coils just by feeling the power it has.

my .02

I used to use Xenadrine from time to time, but I stay away from any thing that raises my heart rate for now.

I will said something is you run in ideas in how to loss weight please don't use drugs that will give you more problems in your future than anything. I tell you because I see alot of my patients that took prescribed medication to loss weight and the only thing that they got is heart problems, palpitations, irregular beats, irritabillity, unable to sleep, hyperactivity, etc. in one word I can describe them similar to a drugadict from the street. Same symptoms.

I hope that this can help you out and good look, but if you have any questions please feel free to contect me at my email