fbi90909

The rebuild of my 05 Civic

does fi have a website... :deadhorse:

yes but you need to have the secret decoder ring to find it..

God Dam! son. Whats the RMS on that amp? So that was the BTL in the vids?

Just curious.. Why couldnt you leave the Lbrackets in there?

does fi have a website... :deadhorse:

yes but you need to have the secret decoder ring to find it..

God Dam! son. Whats the RMS on that amp? So that was the BTL in the vids?

Just curious.. Why couldnt you leave the Lbrackets in there?

the amps are rated 1500x1@1ohm

strapped they are rated 3000x1@2ohm. the BTL is a D1 coil and is wired up to 2ohms.

i could have left the brackets in there but i only bought 10 of them. they're pretty expensive and i don't feel that they are bracing the enclosure from flex. but thing was i didn't have enough to leave them in their positions while i was adding peices. most of the brackets were left in there. mainly the side/top ones. the ones around in the port area are removed. now i'm not 100% sure that it is flexing as i can't see it but i'm sure it needs it.

Your problems with the multi-eq

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.p...6879&page=4

Read post #54 by nismos

Hope this helps :)

yeah i read that in that thread last night after i had posted my update.

for now i'm going to keep the volume down as i can't figure out how to filter the low low lows from going into my mids. it's like my mids are set on full and getting alot of the frequencies below 50hz.

i have the ap400 coming in tomorrow but probably won't be hooked up till friday as i will be re running wires and hooking up amps in a friends escape.

Ive been reading up on the 9887, there are a lot of tuning options, hope you get it figured out soon, good luck

P.S. whats with the superman? lol

Edited by sick6ness

Ive been reading up on the 9887, there are a lot of tuning options, hope you get it figured out soon, good luck

P.S. whats with the superman? lol

supermans been there since day one of when i got the car. lol so he just stays.

well after messing more with the HU i'm getting quite acustomed to it and it's options. i have one downfall so far with it. alpine states full speed ipod control/scroll. well, i would have to disagree. when you got more than 275 artist on an ipod. it takes a long time to find something to listen to. unlike scrolling thru the actual ipod i can get from a to z in less than 3 secs. it takes me 3-5 seconds just to get thru the A's on the head unit. it does have a jump function like going to different sections of the list. like say it's in the A's. i press a number and it'll jusmp to the D's, another would just to the S's and so forth. helps a bit.

other than that i love the H.U.

well today i came across a problem with the system. i think i blew my 4 channel amp. it still plays but 1 channel is giving nasty output. there's like the groggy like sound coming out of my mid when it plays. initially i thought i blew a mid, so i grabbed a new mid and placed it in it's spot and saw it was doing the same thing. so i thought maybe the RCA's. switched the output and still the same. so i figure it's not the rca and it's the amp. i have to rip it all out tomorrow to pull the amp so i'll leave that for today(sunday). it was dark out so i didn't want to start messing with things. we shall see..

oh, and i cracked my trunk :(

lol

when you look at the pic, look at it from a distance.

950d0190.jpg

anyone got any remedies on how to fix/brace the strenth of the trunk lid to save it from cracking?

Chit man, your car is falling apart with that mean bass!

Edit: Its hard to tell where in the trunk this is happening from looking at that pic, Post up a more distant one so i can see where im looking. Maybe together we can come up with a rig for this

Edited by sick6ness

well, i ended up having to remove my hc2400 to get access to my ap1040. i pulled it out and siwtched the speaker outputs to make sure it wasn't the speaker wire. after the switch it turned out the right channel outputs aren't working properly. so now i has a gimp amp. lol

i already hoped on it and ordered a new Kicker ZX450.2. should ship out monday so for now i'm at another standing point with the system.

i need to look for a new engine bay battery. i had to go to advanced auto today and without a second battery in the trunk starting the car felt like my battery in the bay was dead. though it's not it just doesn't have the cranking power it used to have when there were more batts. so my question is does anyone know what kinetik battery size would fit a group 51 battery size for my honda? depending on cost i may just go buy a yellow top.

well here is the area that's cracking up on the trunk

3e202374.jpg

0d73a5ee.jpg

it;s where the bars that hold the trunk meet the trunk. the metal is kinda thin and the flexing the trunk is causing has well, caused it to crack. wou can't see it in these pics. it's really visible if you see it in person.

if i open the trunk all the way i can just wiggle the lid and hear the crack's metal just squeeking as it rubs itself. lol.

Hmm looking at the situation, I can't really think of anything you can do to reinforce it, adding something in between the trunk and the bar will add more height to the trunk lid, which wouldn't work cause you might have problems closing it then. Maybe add weld to the weak spots ?

Hmm looking at the situation, I can't really think of anything you can do to reinforce it, adding something in between the trunk and the bar will add more height to the trunk lid, which wouldn't work cause you might have problems closing it then. Maybe add weld to the weak spots ?

yeah my friends neighbor works on cars and scooters at home and welds. he wants me to build him an enclosure for his truck. so i'll talk to him about seeing if he can weld the weekspot. i was thinking of cutting out a portion of that area and welding thicker metal. but i have a feling that overall it won't help too much unless the entire trunk's metal is thick.

yeah my friends neighbor works on cars and scooters at home and welds. he wants me to build him an enclosure for his truck. so i'll talk to him about seeing if he can weld the weekspot. i was thinking of cutting out a portion of that area and welding thicker metal. but i have a feling that overall it won't help too much unless the entire trunk's metal is thick.

Yeah, I would just weld the weak areas, even ones that haven't cracked yet.

well at lunch time i went home and i saw a package sitting on my bed. i'm like wtf is this i'm not expecting anything other than an amp that i know wouldn't be here today. well i find it's my alternator so i'm like hell yeah! i open it up and take pics. so i take it to advanced auto and have them test the alt. they tested it but said there is something wrong with it. something that it wasn't charging sufficiently. the meter would jump up to 10v but not much past it. i don't know what rpm rate they tested it at but i asked if they could tell me what rpm rate it's at and if he could up the rpm rate. he said he couldn't tell but that it should be sufficient enough to make any alternator charge properly.

so i take it to Napa and ask if they could tell me if they can test the load. they tell me they will end up having a problem testing it due to it being an HO alt. that when he puts the information into their system they would end up having to set the system to rate an 05 stock civic alt with an 80amp load. but then it starts juicing 180amps it would show errors.

they recommended me to take it to another place that works on industrial vehicles and they might be able to test it's load output.

has anyone ever come across this when trying to test a high output alt at any of these comercial areas?

u think about sound deadening ur trunk while ur at it?

u think about sound deadening ur trunk while ur at it?

Read the build, he already did.

Wish I could help, but I don't know anything about high output alternators. Sorry bro

Edited by sick6ness

i know he has but it doesnt look like there is anything on the trunk lid

i did the trunk floor and hard to reach areas. since the box can not be removed i wanted to tackle those areas. after i get more deadening i will then take care of the trunk lid and the outer skin of the trunk walls.

though i doubt seadening the trunk lid would save it from cracking. that's just brute flexing abuse onto that thin metal. :D

Edited by fbi90909

f08bc928.jpg

c76deeca.jpg

b650f3c0.jpg

03dc141c.jpg

i have to take it to a plaec called R&R deisel. it's a place that works on alternators and marine alternators and electrical equipment along for industrial equipment. maybe they can test the alt before i put it in.

oh, i left my kinetik on the trickle charger allllll day. lol i think my multi meters off.. lol

d65cd17c.jpg

Nice it's a 180amp alt? I would think it's prob gonna put out around 150-160. Let us know. Yeah sound deadening the trunk lid isn't gonna prevent cracking, but it could help lessen the vibration of the metal. Too much bass for a civic =P

yeah it's a 180. i needed an alt that didn't require any brackets to be made. this is the biggest EA could make so i took it. Irragi said they could make a 200amp which cost me i think $25 more but i decided to go to EA. i dono all these alt comanies are iffies.

as for too much bass, i say it needs more.. i really wonder how it would flex if i actually ran 2 XXX 15's ported.

as for too much bass, i say it needs more.. i really wonder how it would flex if i actually ran 2 XXX 15's ported.

i would guess that your tail lights might pop out. :drink40:

Nice alt and battery!

i did the trunk floor and hard to reach areas. since the box can not be removed i wanted to tackle those areas. after i get more deadening i will then take care of the trunk lid and the outer skin of the trunk walls.

though i doubt seadening the trunk lid would save it from cracking. that's just brute flexing abuse onto that thin metal. :D

Using deadiner will help so much with your lid. I have done it many many times. As for your crack, does it come through to the actual trunk lid or just cracking the bottom part? If it's just the bottom I would add some small welds where it connects to the inside sheet metal, use foam inside the empty space of the metal, great stuff even. Then deaden the crap out of it. You will be super happy. Use acoustic foam if you want too also, it will really help. Some say it may affect output but... well. Not enough I would say.,

:eek:thanks for the comments guys

alright so today i took the alt over to R&R to get the alt tested. when i get there a guy is like, you're going to have to come back in like an hour so we can test it cause the alt guy isn't here. so an hour later i return. the guy looks at the amp. i explain my situation. then he's like, i'm not going to test this for you. we can't test it we don't have the plug for it. i ain't going to test it. and walks off.

i'm like. :confused: then said **** you *****es.. in my head. lol

so apparently no one in key west can test the alt for me.. great.. so i had to take the risk and just mount the alt. well i looked up a how to. followed insturctions while replacing all my belts and 3.5hrs later. it's in and running.

7ab924c4.jpg

b962fc37.jpg

302e88cf.jpg

a357723e.jpg

no sparks no clicking nothing. seems to be working smoothly. though my meter on the car read it's max voltage at 14.1 for startup/warm up

0686d3b5.jpg

as the car reached it's warm up level and it started to idle like normal the voltage hovered around 14.0v i haven't taken the car out for a drive but so far it's charging at least. as fow how many amps it's producing i can't tell. i don't have a clamp meter so :/

tomorrow morning on my way to work and such i will keep my eye on my meter to see how the voltage is cooperating. hopefully the alt will last me.

oh, did anyone else in florida look at the sun today???

fef6db78.jpg

3d28ad4c.jpg

that ring was crazy visible.

took pictures behind my cars window tint so it would come out. the center of the sun had a black patch but didn't show up on the picture.:eek:

oh yeah. and as i was removing rim of the car to gain access to the alt i discovered this on my rims center cap cover.

24455653.jpg

those mother puckers at sears dented the holy hell out of it. now i gotta buy a new one :(