Sign in to follow this  
Conquest4Life

box size for a 15 Bl

I just ordered a 15 bl today and im still pondering on what size box to get..do i go for a 3.0 cub box or a 4.0 cub box

any help would be greatly appreciated

it all depends on what you can fit, but fi recommends 2.8-4.0 cu.ft. , i would go for 3.5cu.ft tuned at 32hz,that would sound real nice,and what are you powering it with??

Im gonna power it with a RF tb1500bd at 1 ohm...i measued it in my car and the 4.0 cub box is too deep and the 3.0 seems to fit perfectly with my suv...if i put the 4.0 in it would take up lot of room and it would be around 10 to 11 inches away from the back of the my suv

Im gonna power it with a RF tb1500bd at 1 ohm...i measued it in my car and the 4.0 cub box is too deep and the 3.0 seems to fit perfectly with my suv...if i put the 4.0 in it would take up lot of room and it would be around 10 to 11 inches away from the back of the my suv

thats a nice amp, any electrical upgrades (big3, batts,alternator), but can you fit a 3.5cu.ft?

ill probly upgrade the battery and alt depending on the cost...i need a new head unit despratley but i have to get it custom put in..and i havnt found a good 3.5 cub box online but mebe the shop im going to tomorrow will have one..

ill probly upgrade the battery and alt depending on the cost...i need a new head unit despratley but i have to get it custom put in..and i havnt found a good 3.5 cub box online but mebe the shop im going to tomorrow will have one..

do not buy a prefab, it will sound like ish....build your own or have someone custom build it for you

and if you need a headunit... check out the new eclipses on sonicelectronix.com, the give you all the instalation for free like crutchfield... these are some of the best units out right now

do any shops custom build boxes or is there a website that actual functions that i can go to..and in terms of building how long does that actually take..

Box width: 35

Box Height: 17

Box Top Depth: 16.5

Box Bottom Depth: 16.5

Wood thickness: 0.75

Square Port height: 14.5

Square port width: 4

Square port length 1: 11.75

Square port length 2: 8

Total port length: 26.5

it came out to 3.548

is 4 a big enough port for it or should it be 5?

Would that be before or after your port displacement?

Thanks!

-Nick

Next issue is the subsonic filter being preset on that amp to 28Hz and a shallow 12dB per octave... fine if you are tuned 30 Hz or lower, but I would recommend adding more filtering if tuned any higher. Playing freqs below tuning is a bad thing :(

We recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft. With 4X14.5 you are just a little over 16" which is plenty good.

Thanks,

Scott

The volume the port itself takes up, i'm not quite sure how that calculator works, as i've never used it.

But if you take a port that is 10" tall, 4" wide, and 10" deep, it has a volumetric displacement of .23 cubic feet (10 x 10 x 4 divided by 1728)

Thanks!

-Nick

The volume the port itself takes up, i'm not quite sure how that calculator works, as i've never used it.

But if you take a port that is 10" tall, 4" wide, and 10" deep, it has a volumetric displacement of .23 cubic feet (10 x 10 x 4 divided by 1728)

Thanks!

-Nick

o gotch ya this thing i used gave me that but i didnt put it in...

Square port volume displaced: 1657.25

Sign in to follow this