Sign in to follow this  
Jpangkilla

Box Build of Havoc 15" dual 2 ran by Sundown SAZ~1500D

I finally have a day off of work and would like to build my box tomorrow for 1 15" Ascendant Audio Havoc powered by a Sundown SAZ~1500D. I want to do sub up and port back preferrably port on the passenger side to increase my own listening area. Port will be a slot, vent type and I will do a double baffle for bracing along with one 2x2 in the center of enclosure for internal bracing.

My maximum external dimensions are 38" wide, 12" high, and 22" deep.

Thanks to any replies in advance. My buddy had mentioned that Mr. Shizzzon was of great help with his current enclosure and that thing just rocks. I would love to tune at 32 hz but want to make sure I still have great output at the upper frequencies which for me is 60-70 hz. Don't have the extra money for midbass right now. I mainly listen to rap! System will be ran by 2 Optima batteries and stock alternator for now. Plan on upgrading very soon but I will be sticking with the 1 Havoc for awhile.

got ur message, i'm actually building a test box for myself with ports everywhere on this box so i can test all kinds of box designs at once. Yes... i'm using port plugs on the ports that are not active, hehe.

I'll try and get some designs drawn for ya tonight.

sounds like a great idea man.

Edited by 418FIs

thats cool man, just whenever u get a minute, dont think im gonna be startin it today anyways cuz the terrible weather in florida today. :(

You are gonna have to lose the double baffle.

I do not think it's even required for just that amount of power anyway.

I would suggest to do a little bit more bracing because of the loss but this is a tight squeeze design so needed everything i could get.

Use your max dimensions-

38x22x12

OK, i think this is right, i'm half awake right now but i'm pretty sure this is right-

Internal-

36.5x20.5x10.5

Port dimensions-

10.5" high x 4.25" wide.

LEAVE THE PORT WIDTH 4.25" WHEN MAKING A 90 DEGREE TURN IN THE BOX.

Length of port-

cut port length to 16.25" long and attach it to the wall that it is exiting out of. So the exiting port wall will need to be cut 4.25" wide.

You will then make a 90 degree turn to continue port length. Add an additional 3" to the port and still maintaining the port wall to be exactly 4.25" away from the enclosure wall keeping the port 4.25" wide at all times.

Specs - 3.62 cubes NET, tuned to 32hz, 44.6sqin of port.

If you want to go bigger on the port, let me know.

The sqin size of the port is right at what AA recommends per cube but if you want to go a little bigger, you will decrease your internal volume.

I think that size port should be fine. If you ever planned on adding more power or going to a couple comps with this setup, i would recommend a larger port so again, let me know if you want it a little bit larger.

Sign in to follow this