rulayd

Another RE Cone thread

Trying to get in contact with anyone at Fi is impossible, so maybe someone can help me out. Scott emailed me about 2 months ago saying that it was 75$ to re cone my SSD and add a few little upgrades. Now, can my SSD be re coned into a Fi Q? And how much would it be. I know the baskets are the same. When you send the sub back, do i have to pay for Shipping both ways? How does this whole thing work. I'm not going to pay for the re cone up front because what if they don't send my Sub back and i get screwed. Will they send me a bill in the mail of how much it cost for the re cone and for them to ship it back to me? Sorry for the questions, im Very new to this. Thanks Rulayd

Trying to get in contact with anyone at Fi is impossible, so maybe someone can help me out. Scott emailed me about 2 months ago saying that it was 75$ to re cone my SSD and add a few little upgrades. Now, can my SSD be re coned into a Fi Q? And how much would it be. I know the baskets are the same. When you send the sub back, do i have to pay for Shipping both ways? How does this whole thing work. I'm not going to pay for the re cone up front because what if they don't send my Sub back and i get screwed. Will they send me a bill in the mail of how much it cost for the re cone and for them to ship it back to me? Sorry for the questions, im Very new to this. Thanks Rulayd

I've never personally re-coned a sub, but I'm almost 100% sure that they can't make your SSD into a Q, as the motor structure is different. Try emailing Scott again or bump this thread and try and get his attention and he can answer all your questions about the re-cone process.

Edited by Daniel.Lindsey

I've never personally re-coned a sub, but I'm almost 100% sure that they can't make your SSD into a Q, as the motor structure is different. Try emailing Scott again or bump this thread and try and get his attention and he can answer all your questions about the re-cone process.

ok, thanks for the help. Ill go try and email him again

the ssd and the q are two different motors, the basket doesnt really matter, too many companies use it anyway.

the ssd and the q are two different motors, the basket doesnt really matter, too many companies use it anyway.

So do you think i could send Scott my SSD as a core for a new Q? It would be like bringing in a battery or a starter into the auto parts store and getting money for the old ones if no one has ever done or heard of that. Is there a phone number to Fi?

Scott helps people and works with them but thats like trading in your basic stock dodge charger in for a loaded SRT hemi.The ssd and Q are like $100 difference in price then extra shipping to return.Good luck like I said he's pretty cool and helpful.Send him a email he's a few emails behind so It may take a couple days.

Scott helps people and works with them but thats like trading in your basic stock dodge charger in for a loaded SRT hemi.The ssd and Q are like $100 difference in price then extra shipping to return.Good luck like I said he's pretty cool and helpful.Send him a email he's a few emails behind so It may take a couple days.

I hear you on that. As from talking to him on the internet hes been a pretty cool guy. What could i possibly do with a blown subwoofer? No one is going to buy it and i have no idea or experience with rebuilding them. Im possibly going to upgrade to a 15'' Q just because i hear such good reviews from people about them. Scott could possibly make money off me because i would basically be giving him a blown sub that he could re build really cheap and sell for full price again. Anyways, ill let you know whats up. Thanks for all the help

people buy blown subs all the time fyi

And why would scott, nick, or shawn screw you out of your sub if you pay upfront? THat is a foolish things to say.

No sir its not. Its being smart business wise. I never said They would screw me over, but people do get ripped all the time. I work vary hard for the things that i have, and i like to know exactly where my money goes. Its not like there would be documentation in writing (invoice) saying that im paying Fi to rebuild my sub. All i was told was to send it back to an address and someone would just call me on its current condition.

I've been out of town since Friday morning...don't know if you emailed me over the weekend or not, i did no emails.

But we don't do any sort of trade in's on any motors or anything, sorry man. Best bet would be to try to sell the motor and buy the Q...either way we're not going to screw you over, it's not our style :).

Thanks!

-Nick

I hear you on that. As from talking to him on the internet hes been a pretty cool guy. What could i possibly do with a blown subwoofer? No one is going to buy it and i have no idea or experience with rebuilding them. Im possibly going to upgrade to a 15'' Q just because i hear such good reviews from people about them. Scott could possibly make money off me because i would basically be giving him a blown sub that he could re build really cheap and sell for full price again. Anyways, ill let you know whats up. Thanks for all the help

I've worked @ FI for over a year now and I can say one thing scott would never resale a sub as new.Honestly it takes us longer to recone one than to build one from scratch.

I've been out of town since Friday morning...don't know if you emailed me over the weekend or not, i did no emails.

But we don't do any sort of trade in's on any motors or anything, sorry man. Best bet would be to try to sell the motor and buy the Q...either way we're not going to screw you over, it's not our style :).

Thanks!

-Nick

Yo nick where's my pepo music,and don't forget that song lil john was playing mane!!! Had fun at spring break when you coming to Vegas?

Thanks!

-Nick

Yo nick where's my pepo music,and don't forget that song lil john was playing mane!!! Had fun at spring break when you coming to Vegas?

Hey,

thanks Nick for replying, and ill just try and sell my blown one and order a new Sub. Thanks for the help, you'll be hearing from me soon

Thanks!

-Nick

I tried to call you and get your email but your phone was off and didn't click to voicemail? I've got the songs on my computer, all i have to do is upload the .rar files to sendspace!

Email me and ill get it out to ya! I've got some new stuff too..slowed down cyclone and focused it at 37Hz..should bang in the hummer :D

And why would scott, nick, or shawn screw you out of your sub if you pay upfront? THat is a foolish things to say.

No sir its not. Its being smart business wise. I never said They would screw me over, but people do get ripped all the time. I work vary hard for the things that i have, and i like to know exactly where my money goes. Its not like there would be documentation in writing (invoice) saying that im paying Fi to rebuild my sub. All i was told was to send it back to an address and someone would just call me on its current condition.

Yes sir it is. Why would an established company whom does thousands of transactions try to screw you over a motor for their entry line subs? And yes there would be paper work for the transaction, what do you think the correspondence is via emails and the such with them.

Yes sir it is. Why would an established company whom does thousands of transactions try to screw you over a motor for their entry line subs? And yes there would be paper work for the transaction, what do you think the correspondence is via emails and the such with them.

Im a Company myself. Send me some money in the mail and if theres no documentation of it, or if it gets stolen or lost in the mail then tough luck. Ive never meet these guys, although id like to, but stuff happens alot of times. Not trying to be hasty, but you have to have some common sense when your dealing with money. I have never sent them back a subwoofer, so i was only making accusations about how things were to be done.

Im a Company myself. Send me some money in the mail and if theres no documentation of it, or if it gets stolen or lost in the mail then tough luck. Ive never meet these guys, although id like to, but stuff happens alot of times. Not trying to be hasty, but you have to have some common sense when your dealing with money. I have never sent them back a subwoofer, so i was only making accusations about how things were to be done.

Out of the subs that get shipped to us (FI) alot of times they never send any info with the sub so we have no idea who it belongs to and have to wait till someone calls.This may or may not be the case but Scott does not try to hide anything and he would prefer documentation.

Out of the subs that get shipped to us (FI) alot of times they never send any info with the sub so we have no idea who it belongs to and have to wait till someone calls.This may or may not be the case but Scott does not try to hide anything and he would prefer documentation.

enough with all this nonsense about these guys trying to screw someone over cause it wont happen. all i wanna know is how do i get those tracks too fing05.gif

Exactly, no more nonsense. Ive dealt with them before and i was quite happy with everything that i got. I understand the re cone process so im ready to roll. I'm not completely sure what is wrong with the sub, but im pretty positive that it deals with the voice coils. Scott said he was going to inspect the sub then call me about further information.

One question, ive read quite a few threads about whether or not one 15 is louder than 2 12's but what is the best choice with Fi products. Its in a single cab s10, sealed, and i was deciding whether or not to do a 15 or 2 12's. All in SSD's.

One Last question! What upgrades are worth doing to the SSD subs? Flatwind, BP power, etc..?

Thanks Alot guys, this forum has been quite helpful

(2)12s is usually louder than a single 15. Cone area is 960cm^2 vs 810 with the single 15".

I only take subs from customers and recone/sell them to pay for my lavish monthly surfing vacations to Fiji ;) I went last week, so Im figuring that the chances are you will get your sub reconed and back... now if you wait a couple of weeks all bets are off :) (please read with massive amounts of sarcasm).

I am a huge fan of the forums and net policing the actions of companys (well those that are honest enough to keep the posts up and not hide every little issue they may have). If we do something wrong Im sure itll get posted before we even know we did it. Should keep everyone on their toes and ensure that we always strive to keep people happy.

Your recone will be safe with us.

Thanks,

Scott

(2)12s is usually louder than a single 15. Cone area is 960cm^2 vs 810 with the single 15".

I only take subs from customers and recone/sell them to pay for my lavish monthly surfing vacations to Fiji ;) I went last week, so Im figuring that the chances are you will get your sub reconed and back... now if you wait a couple of weeks all bets are off :) (please read with massive amounts of sarcasm).

I am a huge fan of the forums and net policing the actions of companys (well those that are honest enough to keep the posts up and not hide every little issue they may have). If we do something wrong Im sure itll get posted before we even know we did it. Should keep everyone on their toes and ensure that we always strive to keep people happy.

Your recone will be safe with us.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for the reply. I respect your company to the fullest. Take as many vacations as you like :)

Subwoofer is boxed up and being sent out tomorrow morning. I'm buying 2 more SSD's in a couple weeks, so look out for another order. Thanks for the assurance-Rulayd