Sign in to follow this  
nyankees278

12" BL Design Please!!

ok so what im gunna do is put a single 12" BL into my f150....i have a bench seat in the rear so im gunna fold the short side, which is behind the passenger, and put the sub box there....i have approximately, 18" wide 16" deep and about 20" in height...the height is flexible tho....i have a kicker zx1500.1....can any one please help me design a box? thank you

ok so i basically coppied this kids box

I haven't ever designed a ported box before, but I did alot of reading and sat here for a few hours and came up with a design for my enclosure. You guys wanna check and see if I did it correctly?

will be using 3/4" MDF.

Outer dimensions: 29.5" width

15" height

15" depth

Inner dimensions: 28" width

13.5" height

13.5" depth

Volume = 28 * 13.5 * 13.5 = 5103 cubic inches

convert that to cu.ft 5103 / 1728 = 2.95 cu.ft before sub/port displacement

Port dimensions (which I hope are correct): 2" width

13.5" height

20.53" length

Port volume = 2 * 13.5 * 20.53 = 554.31 cu.in

convert to cu.ft 554.31 / 1728 = .32 cu.ft

so... 2.95 minus .32 minus .15 (sub displacement) = 2.48 cu.ft

I am looking for a total of 2.5 cu.ft (after sub/port displacments) tuned to 33Hz.

Does that look correct to you guys? If not... what do I need to change?

thank you

all i did was manipulate the port size so it would fit...its still the same voume tho...heres a sketch..

boxbig.jpg

13" Tall by 24" Wide by 14" deep then add two 3" round ports that are 10" long and the box will be tuned at 34 HZ. The box gross CF was 2.62 but after woofer and port displacement the box is a little under 2.5 CF....would it matter where i put the sub....meaning if i wanted to put it on the right side so i can stand the box on its side........

boxil5.th.jpg

ok so i manipulated this box .... only thing different is 4" aero ports and the dimensions...the overall volume is the same.... would this one or the tall one in my last reply be better? and does is matter that i changed the ports to 4" from 3" wut difference does it make?

smallboxwc2.th.jpg

Edited by nyankees278

Sign in to follow this