Sign in to follow this  
princesstopnotch

*I'm new :)

So yeah, I'm from McMinnville, OR, and obviously new lol. A friend referred me here, said everyone here really knows their stuff and could help me with a problem I'm having. I have a 2004 12" RE Audio XXX sub and one of the lead's is broke and needs a recone, and I don't know who to turn to? Could anybody help me? : )

I'd really appreciate it!

Edited by princesstopnotch

You can contact RE but they will charge ya too much..............Try talking to Fi about it...........i BELIEVE they make a re-cone kit

J

welcome to the site princess, i also suggest contacting fi they do sell recone kits..also i think they have a service where you can send in your sub and they can recone it but do charge a bit for shipping..here is there link send them a email sales@ficaraudio.com

Edited by denalilvr

Welcome to SSA, and Fi is the ones to email at the above address.

Where's the lead broken?

If it's just broken off the terminal, it could be fixed without having to recone it. If it's broken off in the middle or near the cone...use what was mentioned above.

Where's the lead broken?

If it's just broken off the terminal, it could be fixed without having to recone it. If it's broken off in the middle or near the cone...use what was mentioned above.

It's broken off in the middle. Are you guys sure that FI could help me out? It's a shame to leave such a good Sub just sitting there collecting dust.

Where's the lead broken?

It's broken off in the middle. Are you guys sure that FI could help me out? It's a shame to leave such a good Sub just sitting there collecting dust.

yup, fi can get'er done for you

Where's the lead broken?

yup, fi can get'er done for you

Lol, this sounds silly, but what if they don't respond to my email, or how long does it normally take for a response?

its usually right away. They don't sit around just waiting. They have a forum here. You can post there as well for help

J

if you say the only issue with the sub is a broken tinsel lead than in all honesty i would not go for a recone just yet. ask them to sell you some tinsel lead. if it's broken in the mid it can be fixed. i have an 05 XXX and i ended up breaking a tinsel lead and wanted to try to fix it on my own before having to spend a good amount to get a recone. with a little bit of soldering and some 2 part epoxy, the lead is still completely fine and intact. even after months of abuse, it held comepletely fine.

ad4a829f.jpg

here i clipped the stock lead about a half inch short from the cone and sit new lead right next to it. then i soldered them together.

100_0820.jpg

100_0821.jpg

then i took high strenght 2 part epoxy and glued down that soldered area to the cone.

100_0828.jpg

looks messy, i know. BUT!, it has NEVER come off. i tugged on it not too long ago after i took the speaker out and it's still holding on strong.

yeah. but other than that, welcome to the forum.

Edited by fbi90909

RE still supports 05 XXX's and DOES have recones and parts for them still as well.