Sign in to follow this  
denalilvr

audio control 6xs

i was looking at epicenters and crossovers and i ran across this model which i think may be what im looking for..it give me the capabilities of a crossover and it also gives me the bass control knob where i can raise and lower the bass from the drivers seat which is what i was wanting from the epicenter..what do you guys think?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=1254

Your D310 can do everything it can do for your subs other than have a knob. Conveniently nearly all sub amps come with an optional knob which will be much cheaper and a better solution than using an offboard piece.

Your D310 can do everything it can do for your subs other than have a knob. Conveniently nearly all sub amps come with an optional knob which will be much cheaper and a better solution than using an offboard piece.

i agree. for subs.... a good head unit and a good amp should allow your to get where you wanna be.....

unless maybe M5 tell me if im wrong here...... your going stright up SQ.... then i would only imagen you would need a great h/u a great amp/ exteral EQ a prosseser. and a crazy cross over.

thanx guys, just saved me $200

i have yet to fully read what your plans and goals are.... or even what subs amps. and or speakers you will run... care to share there bear

alpine d310 flip out head unit

subs-4-fi Q w/bp option 18's in sealed box

2-kicker zx 2500.1

kicker zx650.4

2 sets boston accoustics pro 60's

20'' flip down tv

damplifier pro 200sq ft

damplifier 160sq ft

kicker pkd1 0 guage wiring kit

EA 300 AMP alternator

2-KINETIK HC1800 under hood

2 kinetik hc2400 for back

clifford matrix 70.5 alarm

wood grain dash and steering wheel

big brake kit $1000

24 or 26'' rims

Edited by denalilvr

subs-4-fi Q 18's in sealed box

2-kicker zx 2500.1

kicker zx650.4

20'' flip down tv

damplifier pro 200sq ft

damplifier 160sq ft

EA 300 AMP alternator

big brake kit $1000

24 or 26'' rims

alright alright...... . i have a few questions.. and statments...

what kinda car?

why the kicker amps?

you will need more then 1 run of 0 gauge for two of those amps.

do you already have the car or truck?

i agree. for subs.... a good head unit and a good amp should allow your to get where you wanna be.....

unless maybe M5 tell me if im wrong here...... your going stright up SQ.... then i would only imagen you would need a great h/u a great amp/ exteral EQ a prosseser. and a crazy cross over.

The best way to build an SQ system is to use the KISS principle. If you can get away with no processing by installing things right it would always be my preference. If you can't of course a processing can surely help.

2-kicker zx 2500.1

kicker zx650.4

20'' flip down tv

damplifier pro 200sq ft

damplifier 160sq ft

EA 300 AMP alternator

big brake kit $1000

24 or 26'' rims

what kinda car?

why the kicker amps?

2001 gmc denali

ive always liked kicker amps..they are strong put out real watts and for the money hard to beat 2500 watts for $650 even though birth sheet usually says 2700 watts but im just going on what they are advertised at..i know im going to need more wires..lol i just meant thats the brand i was using..lol i wish 1 kit would work it be about $60 and call it a day..lol yes i have the truck for the last 9 years ive drove a denali..since they came out in 1999 then i sold it and i got a 2001 love them..wouldnt buy anything else in a truck..hence the name denalilvr..lol

Edited by denalilvr

2-kicker zx 2500.1

kicker zx650.4

20'' flip down tv

damplifier pro 200sq ft

damplifier 160sq ft

EA 300 AMP alternator

big brake kit $1000

24 or 26'' rims

what kinda car?

why the kicker amps?

2001 gmc denali

ive always liked kicker amps..they are strong put out real watts and for the money hard to beat 2500 watts for $650 even though birth sheet usually says 2700 watts but im just going on what they are advertised at..i know im going to need more wires..lol i just meant thats the brand i was using..lol i wish 1 kit would work it be about $60 and call it a day..lol yes i have the truck for the last 9 years ive drove a denali..since they came out in 1999 then i sold it and i got a 2001 love them..wouldnt buy anything else in a truck..hence the name denalilvr..lol

yeah i just not seen that before i read this messege i felt like an arseho..!!!

i stoped using kicker years ago... no good reason... i just did.... you know how i feel about sundown! so i wont say anymore...

but i am intrested in seeing how 4 18's sealed would sound againest 4 ported in an suv... from what i know ported how more output in a SUV or a van..... i could be wrong.

you know ive always stayed away from ported because of so many peoples responses to it when i told them about going ported..they away say it will be muddy or sloppy..it wont have that tight,low hard hitting bass to it..and i mostly listen to rap like about 80% rap and 20% rock and everything else..

It is easier to make a ported box play low than it is to make four speakers image. A low tuning frequency and decently large port is all you need. There is no reason that ported boxes can't sound good, although it is easier with a sealed for sure.

also although its pictured that 6xs doesnt come with the knob

the pic on woofersetc has it on there

i didnt want to make another thread im just going to ask here, with the system i listed above im going with kickers pdk1 1/0 guage amp kit..the kit comes with these below, can anyone take guess at how many kits i will need? i dont want to let the shop use wires because i dont want to risk them using cheap crap or if they do use the good stuff i get charged 6-7 times what i could have gotten them online..

20 Ft. 0/1 AWG Power Wire

3 Ft. 0/1 AWG Ground Wire

20 Ft. 16 AWG Remote Lead

Fuse Holder

300A ANL Fuse

2 Distribution Blocks

5 Ft. 4 AWG Power Wire

5 Ft. 4 AWG Ground Wire