Sign in to follow this  
deni91

MJ 18 Help

I have a infinity amp that puts out 600 rms at 2 ohms. I want an 18 inch sub in a ported box which i will be building. I only have enough money to get the mj 18 4 ohm. I was wondering if i will get good results by using the amp i have with the subwoofer. Im basically wondering how loud it will be....

should sound great on 600 watts thats what its rated at..

Edited by denalilvr

but he wont be at 2 ohm.. he will be at 4 ohms... and at 4 ohms that amp will be like 220 watts or somthing near that..........

IMO.. it wont sound nice at all.. you will fell like you wasted alot of money..... i would find a friend with a spare amp.. somthing that will put out more power at 4 ohms... but it will have to be a bigger amp

but he wont be at 2 ohm.. he will be at 4 ohms... and at 4 ohms that amp will be like 220 watts or somthing near that..........

IMO.. it wont sound nice at all.. you will fell like you wasted alot of money..... i would find a friend with a spare amp.. somthing that will put out more power at 4 ohms... but it will have to be a bigger amp

i was originally typing that but has you can see i had edited it because i thought he knew what the ohms were..lol

lol alright