oldschool4life

What's the name of the company/guy who made those transmission box

As long as there is money to be made, the current wheel design sucks.

That's really what it comes down to.

I have absolutely no problem with someone trying to make a buck, but whenever interest in "snail shell" or "chambered T-line" or whatever trendy name is brought forth for a very old concept, it always made to sound like it's something revolutionary. I'm sure Pete does very good work, but just remember that it's not unique, and could be done with anyone who wants to look at Martin King's MATHCAD models and do it yourself :)

I'm not sure that Pete understands the nature of how a human hears loudness so I don't really believe he has his own spreadsheets that are capable of simulating dynamic in-vehicle response.

Now MJK is a different story. His MathCAD sheets are amongst the best you will get for TL's or horns.

Powered4Sound???

i have two of the boxes from them..... 6" double shot and a 12" double shot. toooooo expensive but the 6" DS is really fun to fvck around with

For people who have a pretty good knowledge of enclosures already, there is no reason to pay $ for a design. For people who don't know much about enclosures... $50 for plans, then building it yourself for 30=80$ in parts isn't bad considering how much local shops charge for custom building.

Edited by Duke

pete charges $50 a design not $60 fyi

i was quoted $60

He only charges $50 now. He isn't affiliated with anyone else in his enclosures and designs now...fully independent.