NB50

Lightning Audio X2.A12.V2

I was browsing the local car audio store when I saw one of these with a neo magnet. I looking for any info anybody has on this. I know they are similar to a TC3000, but thats about it.

Dual 4 ohm

FS 39hz

QTS .643

Vas .832cuft

Xmax 25mm

SPL 85db 1w/1m

1000w rms

$500 from the store.

I looking for basically how they sound, what kind of driver they are, and if you think they are worth that kind of cash.

Help is appreciated. Thank you

I was browsing the local car audio store when I saw one of these with a neo magnet. I looking for any info anybody has on this. I know they are similar to a TC3000, but thats about it.

Dual 4 ohm

FS 39hz

QTS .643

Vas .832cuft

Xmax 25mm

SPL 85db 1w/1m

1000w rms

$500 from the store.

I looking for basically how they sound, what kind of driver they are, and if you think they are worth that kind of cash.

Help is appreciated. Thank you

Pick it up at that price. We build and sell them for $480 with the ceramic motor. Neo motor is an extra $150. A ceramic version of that sub is sold at Parts Express now under the Audio Pulse brand, Axis series, http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=293-618

damn, and i was thinking i wanted too much for mine at $250 shipped. aluminum cone, ceramic motor. i was going to grab the neo motor as well, but we had it on a honeycomb cone and it got tore up. it was sent off before i could grab the motor.

as far as performance goes, it's a good subwoofer. it likes power, alot of it, lol. run it ported, give it power and it'll go boom. i don't think they are worth $500, even with the neo, but that is just my opinion.

also, the audio pulse brand is about dead. they are in bankruptcy. everything at PE right now is buyout, IIRC. i do know tc sounds/audiopulse are in court. dunno how long audiopulse will be around.

and yeah, my x2 is still for sale.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thank you for the info. I did a little research after I posted and saw a company that had top assemblies and neos and it came out to about 500.

I guess a better question would be is if this driver would fit my needs. I want a driver that is going to sound good first and foremost and coming in a distant second have some decent output. SQ to me would be blending well with the front stage which will consist of 1 MLI65 in each door and a tweeter on each side to be determined. Output is probably going to be more then enough with any enclosure.

there are better drivers out there for that kind of money to do what you want to do. the x2 subs aren't ,IME, a sub designed for sq first, spl second. they are a ported box boom machine that enjoy power. for what you are wanting, look at SSA ICON or the SI Mag.

the ICON is well under the $500 price tag(~$250 IIRC), has similiar power handling, sounds loads better and gets loud when needed. i haven't heard the new MAG yet, it's a bit pricer, is shallower mount and if it's anything like the previous gen, it'll do what's asked of it.

also, look into the Fi Q. very promising sub by all accounts.

my vote is the ICON. i love that sub! or you can buy my x2 for the $250 and if need be, add the neo motor later. will be under the $500, i'm sure, and you'll have an extra motor.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was kinda hoping for a diamond in the ruff so to speak. Ive gone through so many scenarios for sub decisions from ICONS to Mags and Qs and Havocs and on and on. Right now I'm toying with the idea of sundowns new 8s or Mags or Icons have been the most prevalent in the thoughts. Ill just state that I hate choosing drivers.