lithium

sounddeadening front doors

I would also add that sealing up the large access holes on your inner door skin ( where the door panel mounts ) with some acrylic plastic or sheet metal before you deaden. And then deaden over that as well. Sealing up your doors does wonders for your midbass :)

ive always wondered if this is still true with door pods. Every time i think about it it doesnt make sense unless you useing stock speaker mounting

If your pod is sealed then it wouldn't make sense to worry about sealing up the rest of the door :) But I would offer that unless your pods are freaking Huge, you will get better midbass using the airspace in the door as well :)

right... im doing IB for my midrange but also a midbass sealed. The midrange is going to fire somewhat in the stock speaker location but the door panel/pod isnt going to be sealed up against the actual metal of the door

If anything, I'd probably have the midbass IB and the midrange sealed in a smaller pod, the enclosure requirements should be a lot less. And the midrange would be more sensitive to placement than the midbass would be...

Interesting... i got t he same recommendation on another forum.

missing.jpg

testfit.jpg

I was planning on placing the midrange in the same area as the stock "circle" and using the rest of the pod for the 8" midbass but if i were to do that the 8 wouldn't really "vent" into the door itself it would just sorta be in the panel. Whereas the circle area easily vents into the door itself

Can you just lay glass in some plastic and hold it up to the door for a hole plug? I've done that on other things, no mess that way. I like to use wood if I can, seems to deaden better.

ill have about 100-130$ for deading front doors.

ive got a dynamat extreme 36^2 foot (bulk) kit in the trunk. which is enough just barly enough for my arsensal.

what would be a good product to cover front doors with my budget?

i was thinking about getin another dynamat extreme bulk kit for doors.

I use RAAmat BXT and I swear by it 100%

It is very cost effective and damn good IMO

Go check it out at http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr

for the price i guess i cant pass it up!

ill order some soon and post results

I just sealed my doors this week using the plexiglass method. Instead of using liquid nails which is permanent, or silicone adhesive which took too long to set up when I tried it, I used 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive (http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=MMM08011). It sets about 10-15 minutes after you put it on, and it has held up good so far. Something like it kept the water shield attached for as long as I've had the car (6 years), so I hope it works as good as the OEM.

Working the plexiglass was pretty hard on some parts with compound curves, I just couldn't get the heating right. I ended up cutting the plexi to cover the big holes in half to get all the curves right. I've never used FG, so I can't comment as to the relative difficulty, but I will say that re-routing and anchoring the wires, cutting the plexiglass and moulding it, and then attaching it to both of my front doors took me a long time -- about 4 hours. The first door probably took 3, the second one was a piece of cake after the first one.

I also don't have any deadening in the doors, because I really can't go for it when my car only needs to last until December. But after they were sealed I contemplated running without a sub. Lol. Yeh right!

I was going to go get my windows tinted this week and the shop also installs sound deadening. I already have about 40sq ft of secondskin and wanted to know how much it usually runs to just do both front doors.

i used i belive 20sq and got 95% coverage on both doors inside and outside. It was a single layer of dp pro

what is a descent price tho to pay someone to do it for you.

do it urself... i think the shop i work at would charge say 50 bucks or so... i forget

my plans just got put on hold.....

im desided weither to comute to college in the fall. if i deside to comute ill be buying a new car that gets better gas milage.

i think ill start another thread but i am wondering about want kind of modifacations i can make to a new car that will not interfer with any sort of warrenty.