Sign in to follow this  
Killerzracing71

where can i find a Bumper for a dodge van

Guys im stupid i backed into the church van (2000 Dodge Full size van ) the other day (so no MJ 18s right now)

so where can i find a good deal on a bumper (i know J yard but no one has one in my area)

so i got on the net a company called advantage auto parts in TX said they could get me one for 290 shipped another company called Parts train ( i think ) told me 275 shipped

the reason why im weary is becauase they seem to good to be true so anyone heard of them i was told locally they can get me one for 450 new

Help me please im in a big bind

Guys im stupid i backed into the church van (2000 Dodge Full size van ) the other day (so no MJ 18s right now)

so where can i find a good deal on a bumper (i know J yard but no one has one in my area)

so i got on the net a company called advantage auto parts in TX said they could get me one for 290 shipped another company called Parts train ( i think ) told me 275 shipped

the reason why im weary is becauase they seem to good to be true so anyone heard of them i was told locally they can get me one for 450 new

If you haven't realized by now, just about everything is quite a bit cheaper on the internet. You don't have to deal with all the middlemen which is why it's so much cheaper. When you buy locally, they have to pay all the people that work for them, on top of the cost of the bumper and the shipping for the bumper, so they need to mark it up (sometimes as high as 50%).

If you're getting around the same price quotes from two different companies, then I would say $275 is right around the actual cost of the bumper when you cut out the middleman.

If you haven't realized by now, just about everything is quite a bit cheaper on the internet. You don't have to deal with all the middlemen which is why it's so much cheaper. When you buy locally, they have to pay all the people that work for them, on top of the cost of the bumper and the shipping for the bumper, so they need to mark it up (sometimes as high as 50%).

If you're getting around the same price quotes from two different companies, then I would say $275 is right around the actual cost of the bumper when you cut out the middleman.

cool thanks ive never bought car parts over the net we are old school when it comes to cars

thanks guess ill order from them

A quick Googling found three of them with maps right off the top...heck, I can name half a dozen all the way out here, and you're near the capital :D

Shipping costs would get nutty compared to what you could find locally. I'd say a pick 'n pull is your best bet, a full size Dodge van is not that tough of a vehicle to find parts for :)

A quick Googling found three of them with maps right off the top...heck, I can name half a dozen all the way out here, and you're near the capital :D

Shipping costs would get nutty compared to what you could find locally. I'd say a pick 'n pull is your best bet, a full size Dodge van is not that tough of a vehicle to find parts for :)

Yeah my dad had a brochure for Pick an Pull

with some numbers on it so he might have looked to but i talked to my freind next door he can get me one for about 180 list price is 220 so im good now thankfully he does body work

He even fixed the Subaru bumper for me tonight so im good Thanks thought but im going to check for turbos at a pick an pull 45$ a pop FTW