Sign in to follow this  
sgtlamar

suggestions on subs/ system design

looking for different ideas on sub setups & any other advice on this build ? I have a 97 suburban if it helps ? This is the equipment have so far memphis 1000d, sound stream xta 480.4, and 6.5 cliff designs in the front doors,: I was looking at getting 2 ssd 15s any input is appreciated.

Totally depends on what kind of music you listen for and what sounds good to you...

Totally depends on what kind of music you listen for and what sounds good to you...

mostly rap & r&b

mostly rap & r&b

Well you're definitely looking for a ported box then. The SSDs should do just fine for ya.

Edited by Big E

Just because he listens to mostly rap doesn't necessarily mean he needs or wants a ported box. If he is concerned with mostly output then a ported box would be optimal, but there are basslines in rap and R&B that push a sub's SQ capabilities to the limit as well.

Just because he listens to mostly rap doesn't necessarily mean he needs or wants a ported box. If he is concerned with mostly output then a ported box would be optimal, but there are basslines in rap and R&B that push a sub's SQ capabilities to the limit as well.

We've all learned otherwise. Reading between the lines ftw.

Just because he listens to mostly rap doesn't necessarily mean he needs or wants a ported box. If he is concerned with mostly output then a ported box would be optimal, but there are basslines in rap and R&B that push a sub's SQ capabilities to the limit as well

WHHHHAAAATTT... how can i say this nice...... i dont agree with alot of things you say.

and i wanna know if you plan on getting more power or just staying with the one amp///

IMO.... in a SUV a vented box is the way to make noise.... and move air... spl.

also it would be VERY HARD imo to make that sub perform well in a sealed box with out the correct power....

also.. IMO!!! i have found that sealed boxes for better for me with alot of power.. and on rock techno and so on.......

while a vented box you can run less power.. and get a deeper longer sound...... like rap.. and tones...

Basically, you pick a sub and amp based on budget. From there you determine box type.

I'm inclined to suggest a mach 5 ixl15.2 paired with a sundown SAE-1000d. From there I would suggest a large sealed box, or if you are looking for more output than SQ, a medium ported enclosure tuned to 32 hz.

Sealed-type setups don't always require a ton of power for them to sound great, IB being a good example :)

And given the range of tuning frequencies given around here, "deeper" very well may be achieved in a sealed environment :)

Basically, you pick a sub and amp based on budget. From there you determine box type.
Sealed-type setups don't always require a ton of power for them to sound great, IB being a good example :)

And given the range of tuning frequencies given around here, "deeper" very well may be achieved in a sealed environment :)

Agree 100%.