gentlejax

Older 400x & 600x....these were still good amps , right?

I have always regretted selling my 2 US amps T700's and when I got the chance to buy a 400x & 600x I took it....I havnt got them yet but I was wanting to run them like so...

400x bridged and running a JL Audio 10inch..model # unknown...its in a wedge box they made as a unit I think....

600x running 4 coaxials for a 2ohm load....

or should I swap them around?

I dont want the sub to overpower the entire system...and I dont want to add another amp either...

what you guys think? these are still good amps made in USA I hope .......I know US AMPS has undergone many changes....

Great amps if you got them in top shape.

Not sure I understand why you are running coaxes though.

hahaha.....I plan on taking care of that soon as I get my amps squared away.....I originally was doing it for simplicity but soon I will take some time to install some 6.5 comps......

I have more issues switching amps than I do with speakers....the coaxials actually do quite well for what they are...

any more opinions on the 400x & 600x ?

i don't have the 400x i have the usa400 same amp just no crossovers. and i wouldn't sell it or trade it for any other amp. it's been running strong since 99 when i got it. right now it's on two fi ssd12's and they knock hard as hell. you'll be very happy with the 400x

I have the usamps 600x and i am pretty satisfied!

Right now it's running a MB Quart PVF 216 component set.

For a while i had it running a soundstream T4-15 bridged at 2+ohm (dvc 1+1ohm in series, but actually each coil is more than 1 ohm...) and it was moving pretty good!

Here is a foto:

1000575resizeig2.th.jpg