Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Mayfield

RE-XXX Recone?

I have a pair of older (boob cone) RE XXX 15s quad 1.7 coils.

I would like to reuse the motors on a pair of 18s and would like to know the cost.

I have E-mailed FI twice about this, once on feb 27 and again a week ago on may 7th with no response so I am guessing they are not making it through for some reason. (not flaming)

I Spoke with Scott back in the day when he built them for me (2003)

I'm wondering if it is worth doing or if I should just pony up to the new drivers.

I would really love to have a phone # to ask a few questions about my current project and see the best way to go.

I understand that these guys are busy and hard to reach but I still like the one on one of a phone call. just whining a lil. :(

Ok now I'm frustrated.

After 2 (actually 3 but the first was about another matter) e-mails and a plea on this forum I still get no response at all.

All I see is how great the service is and short of just sending a blank check I can't get ANY info AT ALL.

I'm not the guy who whines 10 min after placing an order.

This has been over two months. I could understand if they do not do 3rd party recones, but it would only take a second to tell me that.

I have even in both email and on this forum said I am interested in buying the BTLs but still nothing.

I don't understand how my experience could be SOO different from the norm.

Everything I have come to know of Scott and FI lead me to believe this is a solid product and a solid company.

Even as I write this I can feel the flames coming from the loyal supporters. I would love to be one myself but my experience thus far has not been a positive one.

Please restore my faith and give a simple answer and price.

I hope my comments here would not interfere with any future dealings I may have with FI. I would really like to use the services and products, and even though I have not used them myself I have recommended them on many occasions based on my conversations and experiences with Scott during his stay at RE.

p.s. Scott:If you see this and if you remember me I put a bunch of RE XXXs in the trunk of a 1992 BMW back in 03' we had several phone conversations and your advice helped immensely thank you.

Lewis Mayfield

Edited by Lewis Mayfield

they must be very busy man because they always answer very fast i have a post a little down and they replied very fast man

They can be reconed, parts won't be an issue. I can't give you prices as i don't deal with US market..

Nick is out in Vegas with Scott, maybe drop him an e-mail too incase you haven't already Nick (at) ficaraudio.com

Sorry you haven't got in touch with us, we've been crazy busy here lately and the email accounts are insane to say the least...

Shoot me an email with what recone size and ohm and we'll get you taken care of...

Thanks!

-Nick

Just an update.

Since I have been E-mailing Nick directly he has been fast to respond and very helpful with my situation.

I am very slow to complain, I do understand what it is like to run a business ( I have one myself ) and that it is easy to become overwhelmed.

I am however inclined to give praise wherever it is deserved, and in this case Nick has stepped up to the plate in as professional and courteous a manner as possible. I may be scrapping my original idea and going to BTLs for this fact ALONE.

To any other manufacturers out there PLEASE pay attention here! The product will NOT sell itself regardless of it's ability,quality or features.

There are 2 other small companies I have been trying to get subs from for over three months now, and even though those products are more closely suited to my specific needs at the moment, I will never purchase from either of them. One kept telling me to call back in a month, I called... "try again next month" this has been going on in this case for 5 months. (this is the EXACT product I wanted but if it was available today for a buck I wouldn't buy it! In the other example the drivers kept changing EVERYTHING, from sizes available to price to specs you name it I couldn't get the same answer twice not even from the same person.

I see alot of flames on forums, even sometimes about companies that have treated me very well personally. I try to have an open mind, but testimonials from real world people are often the best barometer for a small business, and FI has this done right. I did have trouble initially but that will happen from time to time in any business the question is, how do you handle it? In my case FI handled it in the best possible way, with a brief apology and straight service from that point on! CUDOS! and thanks Nick!

I did email you back right? I think I did the last time, I honestly can not remember, i'll have to search through my stuff...I just got back from vegas the other night, 24 hours of no sleep and riding around on airplanes all day is a bit rough :)

Let me know if I didn't and ill take care of it today.

Thanks!

-Nick

Sign in to follow this