krazzyboy44

12 cubes!

I have 12 cuft to work with in the back of an 75 caprice

what would you do sub wise??

and yes im looking for two dirrerent setups for two different cars

Goals, power, budget, sound preference etc?

2 15" SSA ICON's

2 15" Fi BL's

3 Mach 5 IXL 15.2.2

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade 15's

2 Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 18's

The list goes on. Perhaps you should list power available and what you want this to sound like as well as what else in your system you plan on pairing these woofers to.

you could squeeze 4 15's in there, but it wouldnt reach your budget. and that'd most likely be with minimum air space for em. i'd go with a pair of 18's. brand is up to you. should be friendlier on your pocket also

oh yea!

Should be or somethin is wrong.

it would take 5 12s to equal 2 18s.

oh ok...does the 18 have the"punch you in the chest" feeling like the 15 or is it just deeper?? because i was told that the 18 skip beats more than 15's

There isn't a single part of "18's hit better than ____ size sub" that is true. It's all in your box construction and total installation.

Can you go back and answer the rest of Denim's and my questions so we can better help you?

my goal is to be a ground pounder i have a $3000 budget for subs and amps...i dont want a complete spl that sound like rock in a glass jar but i also dont want a sq setup neither the amp im looking at right now is the IA 40.1 but if theres anything else let me know

that IA 40.1 is damn nice.

with 12 cubes total... after port disp, and such I think two 15"s should fit nicely.

take your pic., Fi BTL, ICON, DP, HAVOC...ect.

I dumped about the same, or a little more $ into mine, and ended going with two TC Sounds 3000, 15"s... and love em, more SQ speaker, but get damn loud and sound amazing doing it. If you find the need to see em in action, check out the build logs... thats without a second battery mind you. they can still be had if you really want, let me know...

that IA 40.1 is damn nice.

with 12 cubes total... after port disp, and such I think two 15"s should fit nicely.

take your pic., Fi BTL, ICON, DP, HAVOC...ect.

I dumped about the same, or a little more $ into mine, and ended going with two TC Sounds 3000, 15"s... and love em, more SQ speaker, but get damn loud and sound amazing doing it. If you find the need to see em in action, check out the build logs... thats without a second battery mind you. they can still be had if you really want, let me know...

so the 18's is out the question??

Other than the Incriminator Death Penalty's, every other 18 will want a larger box than you can provide.

this what another guy told me...

I used to build at least 1 of those cars a week (on average) for about 3 years. I've done everything from a single 10 to 4 15's to 8 12's in those. I know exactly what is gonna happen if you try fitting as much cone area as possible. You want DISPLACEMENT, not cone area. Often more cone area till have more displacement, but not always. You need breathing room and a properly designed and built box will always reign over more cone area.

If you want loud and big, you need at least a double layer box, no exceptions. That's gonna eat up volume too. I'm still thinking a pair of good 12's in a good box. There's nothing I love more than somebody showing off their big system and getting taken to school by somebody with 1/4 of the equipment.

I would stick with two 15"s.

with a IA 40.1, do...

2-15" -Death Penalty's

-ICON's

- A.A. HAVOC's

any of those, with that, or a similar amp... would be more than you need or can handle for a street beater... trust me. My TC-3000's probably wont get as loud as those mentioned above, and not too many can handle it at full tilt for much more than a minute...

the DP's might cost a bit more, but are damn nice man... for the same price you can get some TC-3000's. Or just go and flip a coin over the ICONs or HAVOCs, for the $ they CANNOT BE BEAT imo.

and for $50, have pete kulick @ Hexibase.com blueprint a horn loaded enclosure.