Sign in to follow this  
bbhs2320

Need help with sub choice.

I plan on getting a saz-1500D and running an extra battery. My only problem is I cant really decide what sub(s) I want to go with. I want a loud daily sub(s). I can make about a 6 cubic feet box. I can go with two 15s sealed, one 15 ported, two 12s ported, or possibly three 12s ported or sealed.. Some of the subs i have thought about are two RE audio SE 12's, two Fi SSDs 12s, One FI Bl 15, and I am open to any recomendations.

ever thought about 2 Icons?

I 2nd that. I have a Icon 15 in 3.5 cubes tuned to 34hz and it hits hard and sound good. Seems to always maintain SQ no matter what I play and now matter how loud I play it. Though I'de personally put that on one Icon 15. Doesn't sound like enough to power a pair to me. I have a JBL 1200.1 II amp that's giving it 1100 watts at 2 ohms and the sub is pretty efficient, however I can tell it would love more! Another thought would be the Icon 18 sealed.

There is no ICON 18". Just 10", 12" and 15".

Hmmmm, could have swarn I seen videos of one? When's that badboy coming out?

I can spend around $400 on the sub(s)

Out of your choices the FI BL 15 would get the loudest, but would lack the SQ of the other choices. Then again, you didn't say you wanted a LSQ setup, you said you wanted loud daily. So out of your choices the BL is best for what you're looking for. Another good choice would be the DD 3515e or Treo SSI 15.

Edited by Jysoe

Do you think a ported fi bl 15 would get louder than two 12s ported?

Would anyone suggest using a different amp instead of the saz-1500d?

Would anyone suggest using a different amp instead of the saz-1500d?

Depends what you're looking to power. That's an awesome amp and puts out clean and solid power.

Im just looking for loudness in a daily setup. Would just one 15 ported work as well as two 12s ported with 1500 watts

Im just looking for loudness in a daily setup. Would just one 15 ported work as well as two 12s ported with 1500 watts

It all depends. 2 12s would get louder and give you more surface area, however would require more power than you currently have. For example 2 FI BL 12s would require 2 of the amps you have, one for each. But it would get louder than 1 FI BL 15. However 15s also can get loud and they drop lower than 12s. One 15 is actually much better off 1500 watts than 2 12s because it's being powered more properly.

I was thinking Id get an amp about 1500 watts and get one 15" sub and if I think i need more. Id get the same stuff but have 2 of everything. Im still not 100% sure about which sub. Do you think Id be good with a 1500D bought from the used section of the forum?

how much are do these subs run DD 3515e or Treo SSI 15? How are the PAP wmd^2s?

I don't know if your wanting more sq or spl, I didn't really read every post but I just got the saz 1500 and I just ordered two FI SSD's dual 1 ohms and copper coils, and they meaning FI hold the record in BassRace. I know they will hit really frickin hard and still have great SQ. Oh and they cost $388 shipped, and the used sundown amps are great, and the 1500 are way underrated and can pump out well more than 1500 watts.

Edited by scizzle

what cost $388 shipped? two subs?

the two FI SSD's with copper coils.

2x12" would probably be louder than 1x15"

Too many unknows to say that for sure.

Would you say to go with 2 12" ssds or 2 re audio se's or 1 15" bl. i would put the subs in a ported box.

or i could get two 15 ssd but they would be in a sealed box.

how does an RE AUDIO SX15D4 compare to an Fi 15' btl or a icon 15".