Peteyglad

New Low Woofers

Here are my babies fr the end of the 04 to 05 season. They are a pair of dB Drive Platinum 10's that are dual 2 ohm. Should be well with about 2k of power of each one. They seemed great for the price and build quality looks decent. Having the box made as we speak. Will get to do some tests with a little power on my Linear X this Saturday (my MECA setup) and get some tests done at the Hurricane Relief show on Sunday (hopefully) with the Audio Control 190. Not going to put the Concepts to the subs yet because of my stock electrical system. I will update everyone when I get some numbers.

Anyone have any experience with the dB Drive Platinum's?

post-30-1097967696_thumb.jpg

post-30-1097967718_thumb.jpg

I have never messed with them, but I am curious to hear about them

This weekend they will be tested with only 200 RMS each. I have heard that they can do quite well with little power. Guess I will find that out:)

those look beefie...hehe

so, how much were they and where did ya get them??

it's sunday...where's the saturday results?.... :lol:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Here is the first tests. This was with 24 volts AC. I am just breaking them in and didn't push then too hard. Most of the noise is because I have the vent partially covered up. Some of it is mechanical noise. Oh yeah, this was at 20 Hz. I got them at dealer cost which was a tad under $100. The MSRp is only $200 on them.

Grrr, won't let me post the MOV file. Here is a pic though where you can sort of see the dB logo raised up. This is not full excursion. If anyone wants a 3.5 meg video just let me know.

post-30-1098035384_thumb.jpg

i'm definitely going to wanna see that vid..but i don't have quicktime...and the last time i downloaded it, it still wouldn't play .mov files...grrrrr...

maybe i'll try again ....i'll let ya know..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Sorry, no results. The guy building the box was too busy preparing for his show tomorrow. So no box and no show for me tomorrow. oh well, always another day.

Here are my babies fr the end of the 04 to 05 season.  They are a pair of dB Drive Platinum 10's that are dual 2 ohm. Should be well with about 2k of power of each one. They seemed great for the price and build quality looks decent. Having the box made as we speak. Will get to do some tests with a little power on my Linear X this Saturday (my MECA setup) and get some tests done at the Hurricane Relief show on Sunday (hopefully) with the Audio Control 190. Not going to put the Concepts to the subs yet because of my stock electrical system. I will update everyone when I get some numbers.

Anyone have any experience with the dB Drive Platinum's?

i have a friend unning them in comps with 3000 watts rms american bass vfl 150.1 amps

4 amps 2 to each sub and he is doing 155.x in a ford explorer .. but for daily do not try to crank it with that much power subs will smoke in a second ... oo yea and they are bridged down to 1 ohms cause he has the daul 2 ohm coils ...good luck a great sub if you get the right box ... :D