y_d0c

Another 2nd batt question

well, since i already ordered my Powermaster batts, i'm gonna do this thread a favor and contact 2 other companies about this topic.

Powermaster and a Retailer of Powermaster and see what they both say.

You do realize when you called Stinger.. they were doing what was best for their company by Recommending their solenoids right? You fell right into their trap.

Good one.

i also contacted a local shop around here that doesnt even carry stinger, they told me the same thing.

I'm gonna get this straightened out with more feedback later on today.

contacted Powermaster and talked to Scottie Johnson.. he don't know how to do it...

Haha, i know you guys don't believe that if i put it on here, hehe.

Ok, God.... i hate to say this.... it takes great courage to say this so bear with me...

He said.....(clears throat)... um.....

He said i need the dual solenoids between the front and rear due to how big the alternator is but i do not need them in between each batt in the back unless i was strictly doing something with the car off.

Damnit.. I got lied to 3 times.

Well... guess i gotta make a for sale thread now...

also keep in mind that if you're set on those amps you won't get that much power, they are underrated.

he means over rated :drink40:

lol thanks, i did indeed mean overrated

contacted Powermaster and talked to Scottie Johnson.. he don't know how to do it...

Haha, i know you guys don't believe that if i put it on here, hehe.

Ok, God.... i hate to say this.... it takes great courage to say this so bear with me...

He said.....(clears throat)... um.....

He said i need the dual solenoids between the front and rear due to how big the alternator is but i do not need them in between each batt in the back unless i was strictly doing something with the car off.

Damnit.. I got lied to 3 times.

Well... guess i gotta make a for sale thread now...

LOL :drink40:

yeah buddy... good man sizzon. good man....

...........so after reading, i gathered that there should be an iso between the front and rear, and none in between the back batts......

back to what i said about hifonics....who makes the most efficient amp (brand)....i know this is an opinionated question, but, im sure theres at least a few people on here that would agree on one....

also keep in mind that if you're set on those amps you won't get that much power, they are underrated.

he means over rated :drink40:

lol thanks, i did indeed mean overrated

hehe not a prob i know how sometimes we mean to say one thing but type another i do it myself :)

I've been on the phone with 3 different companies about this not too long ago and they all say the same thing.. pretty odd coincidence don't you think?

Do me a favor and call Stinger and see if you need a capacitor :)

thats different.

I would never get a 1,2,5,10 farad cap, those are just wastes of money.

IF you have the alt power to run the car and the entire stereo system, then a large capacitor, like one Kinetik sells will deliver more power to your amps.

Voltage regulator isn't fast enough to react to quick bass hits but a cap can but should only be used if your alt is strong enough to support the entire system already.

thats different.

I would never get a 1,2,5,10 farad cap, those are just wastes of money.

That wasn't the point. I'm saying that if you call a company asking if you need a product they sell, and it is applicable, albeit unnecessary, they will still tell you that you need it. I'd like to see proof of premature failure due to a lack of isolators.