Sign in to follow this  
bigtoepfer

Icon 10" box ideas

So i have 2 icon 10s sitting around at home. Not using them. But my car won't support an amp for two. So i am going to build a box for just 1. I was talking with a friend who builds boxes all the time. And we were talking about a box for one of them. I was thinking sealed since i listen to all types of music but i like to get loud too. But he seems to think that a 7th order box would be best. What do u guys think? Has anyone but an icon in a 7th order box? J/W thanks guys

The pair would run fine off as little as 600 - 700 watts. They don't need rms or more to get going. ;)

I'd prefer them sealed...

The pair would run fine off as little as 600 - 700 watts. They don't need rms or more to get going. ;)

really like 6 or 7 hundred for the pair or a peice? hmm. I have a 650watt in the car maybe i'll try that on them in the ported box they are in. Maybe we'll see what happens

Edited by bigtoepfer

You will be surprised. Since you have the pair you might as well use them :)

Yeah thats fine. I have noticed based on forum posts and countless emails, people have the impression (and I am guessing a little, but making a safe assumption) that based upon the rms ratting and the appearance of the driver that is requires 1000 watts minimum. Not the case, we have read very positive reviews from people who have any where from a range of 400 to 1500+ on them. We do not suggest 1500watts by any means, I am just giving an example. When I finish my amplifier rotation in my daily driver, my Icon will probably only be getting between 200 to 300 watts. :)

thats glad to hear i was sort of think the 1500 wouldnt let them really play

yeah so they are sounding pretty good on that 650. And after about 5 mins the prefab box broke. So i started screwing screws all over in it. And to no avail i still haven't stopped that bitch from rattling. But i'll probably be building a box soon anyway. Still anyone have any idea for them?

Start with the suggested size listed on the Icon site first, then adjust if need be to your liking from there. :)