Sign in to follow this  
y_d0c

Boston acousticl

whats everyone think of these woofers???

The boston G5's are amazing sq woofers. Close to the top of my list overall, this is coming from a bass head.

whats everyone think of these woofers???

The boston G5's are amazing sq woofers. Close to the top of my list overall, this is coming from a bass head.

couple questions...

what are you running with now?

with only 450rms, how loud do these things get..i know its a sq woofer but, im just curious..

I haven't heard the new ones, but do find the amazing SQ comment from a "basshead" amusing.

I used to like them a great deal, but that was a while back. I try to follow them from time to time, but their web presence is minimal at best. Would not mind adding them to the shop, just to get a chance to try out that hot swapable sub.

If the first question is about how loud they can get, they're not for you.

actually that was his 3rd/4th question, depending on if you count the thread title :)

Edited by KU40

If the first question is about how loud they can get, they're not for you.

i guess thats what i needed to know..

well it's not like they're going to be quiet or barely audible. They may only be a db or 2 lower than other subwoofers that are more oriented to SPL. With only 450 watts you may not even notice a difference, as most big time SPL woofers are made to handle big power, over 1000 watts at least, which helps them get loud. I only had 200 watts on my SI D2 for a bit and it was still plenty to blur my vision and give good chest thumps.

well it's not like they're going to be quiet or barely audible. They may only be a db or 2 lower than other subwoofers that are more oriented to SPL. With only 450 watts you may not even notice a difference, as most big time SPL woofers are made to handle big power, over 1000 watts at least, which helps them get loud. I only had 200 watts on my SI D2 for a bit and it was still plenty to blur my vision and give good chest thumps.

Thank you