Sign in to follow this  
iceteebone

what amp do you guys power your magnums with?

is $265 a good price for a used z1200? i'm also considering the elemental designs nine.1. haven't heard anything negative about the amp. i've read it does something like 1500 watts at 1 ohm at only 13.7 volts which is exactly what my electrical system produces. i've read though the bashing about ed's customer service but i've never had a problem with them. should i give this ed amp or try or maybe get the cadence or the refurbed viper?

I recommend you get onto ebay and look out for an older RF 800a2 or 800.2. Its a class a/b, its clean, they usually bench around 1100MS@4ohm mono too. Great amps. Also see if you can source a Kicker zr1000, they do around 1400RMS at 1ohm and are built very well.

Forget all this cheap D class crap :P

I recommend you get onto ebay and look out for an older RF 800a2 or 800.2. Its a class a/b, its clean, they usually bench around 1100MS@4ohm mono too. Great amps. Also see if you can source a Kicker zr1000, they do around 1400RMS at 1ohm and are built very well.

Forget all this cheap D class crap :P

speaking of power 800.2's..i happen to have one for sale. say $75 plus shipping? yeah, it needs work. a dumbass person whom it was sold to tried to run it at 1.3 ohm mono. anyway, lemme know. was told it wouldn't cost more then a couple hundred to fix, but who knows? this surface mount board stuff is kinda ridiculas..

btw..they benched around 1100wrms? damn....it might not be for sale....hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

i picked up a pg tantrum 1200.1 for a great price. it was benched at 1494 @ 4 ohms. hope to have it installed by the end of the week.