Sign in to follow this  
rex_runner

Planning a fiberglass build... best sub arrangement?

Well I'm trying to plan a fiberglass build for my twin 12" jl w6v2's that will be going in my WRX (sedan). I've asked around to get suggestions on how to go about the design, but noone seems to be able to help me with my question?? I know with a regular box your kind of limited to either just facing your subs straight back or straight foward... straight back, pushed up against the backseat usualy being "as good as your going to get" as far as cabain gain goes. What I've been trying to find out is, since sub orientation is just about limitless with fiberglass, what orientation will yield me the best possible cabin gain and sound in my trunk? Like facing the subs toward the rear, angled towards each other? Angled away from each other? Mounted parallel on each side of my trunk, facing each other? Facing away from each other? Or anything else?

Any and all suggestions would be great! Not only do I want the enclosure to look good, but I definately want it to sound good too! Thanks.

Edited by Andy

It depends on your car and how much of the trunk you are taking up with your subs/box. Not sure why you are using w6's if you want the most cabin gain as the beauty of that sub is a nice even response. Perhaps you have mischosen the drivers for your application, is it too late to change?

Yeah, I just want to do the best with what I have. I'm a college student and couldnt afford to change. Even if I did though, I duno if I would change, I love my JL's and got them at a great price.